• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

got a Lenovo G50-70 computer running windows 8.1. Got a pop up says Adobe Air needs to be updated asks when do you want to update. Is this legitimate? I'm worried about viruses, worms. thanks.

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2014 Nov 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The popup says An Adobe AIR update is ready to be installed.

I'm not sure it's really a message from Adobe.

I may not have any need to use AIR if it was installed on my computer by Lenovo or Windows 8.1.

My last computer had a popup that was, I think, a worm which told me I needed to update Flash Player Pro.

So, I'm nervous now about popup messages. I wish all legitimate programs could have options to Automatically install updates.

Can someone tell me if the popup sounds legitimate? Some programs give you a third option of No Thanks but this one just has a box to click for Update Now and a box for Update Later.

Thanks.

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2015 Jan 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Shouldn't be a problem.  Just like Windows Update, Adobe AIR needs to update itself periodically.  Just click Update Now to update to the latest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines