Highlighted

GPU bitmap rendering is broken with AIR 15 beta simulator. Should I trust the app?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the image below.

air_gpu_bug.jpg

When running the app on Flash Builder 4.7 simulator, some of the bitmaps break. Only parts of bitmaps are broken, and the way they are broken is different each time they are redrawn (not each frame though). I haven't encountered similar problems with previous AIR versions, not even beta versions and the strangest thing is, that bitmaps are not broken on Android (I have to test with iOS).

I have this problem with two different PCs having different GPUs. I guess this is related to how bitmaps are sent to GPU? Anyone have any idea wheter I should trust the beta build for production or not. I have used previous betas without any issues.

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

GPU bitmap rendering is broken with AIR 15 beta simulator. Should I trust the app?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the image below.

air_gpu_bug.jpg

When running the app on Flash Builder 4.7 simulator, some of the bitmaps break. Only parts of bitmaps are broken, and the way they are broken is different each time they are redrawn (not each frame though). I haven't encountered similar problems with previous AIR versions, not even beta versions and the strangest thing is, that bitmaps are not broken on Android (I have to test with iOS).

I have this problem with two different PCs having different GPUs. I guess this is related to how bitmaps are sent to GPU? Anyone have any idea wheter I should trust the beta build for production or not. I have used previous betas without any issues.

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 24, 2014 1
Nielzz LATEST
Participant ,
Aug 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having this exact same issue. Some Bitmaps get really distorted...

adobeimg.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 27, 2014 0