• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

h.264 video on iOS

Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm still looking for a way to play h.264 videos on iOS on the standard display list (not using stagevideo or stagewebview). Every time I use and mp4/h264 video, it works perfecly on windows/mac/android, but not on ios, even using encoding optios set to ios on adobe media encoder. The video only displays on iOS if I encode it as FLV...

I recently found this article about video playing using the netstream class:

http://blogs.adobe.com/flashplayer/2016/02/how-to-provide-video-rotation-metadata-to-action-script.h...

However, even using this very same code h264 never works on iOS... Is there a solution for that?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, there isn't a way, but using StageVideo is almost identical to using netstream. What is the problem with using StageVideo?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

StageVideo doesn't allow me to use the video in compositions on the display hierarchy, so I can't apply roations, translations, color and alpha transforms - and can't put it behind other graphic elements. On Android/Windows/Mac it works preety well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can put display list items on top of StageVideo. You can't do the other things, because the H.264 is sent straight to the GPU.

So, with all the limitations you're setting you should use FLV instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, one other possible route, which will be harder though, is to use Stage3D. Then you can use the H.264 as a video texture, and really mess with the geometry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines