Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hard time dealing with working directories at runtime when using adl

Explorer ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I'm having an issue during debugging with relative path directories. Previously I used an IDE that I used batch files to execute the adl command in order to debug my AIR app. This worked fine. The batch file would change to the root directory of my app, and then run adl from there.

When my app starts, it starts up a secondary executable, and because adl was run from the correct directory, the secondary executables working directory would be the same as my app's working directory which is the same as where adl was run from.

I have since switched to IntelliJ with Flex/ActionScript support. I could have the same setup to make it run, but it's convoluted because I have to run a configuration that uses the Flash Remote Debugger but runs another configuration that runs a bat file that runs the adl command and it's messy.. But I'd like to simplify it with IntelliJ's build-in flash run configurations. The problem is that IntelliJ runs a java process to start the flash debugger. The java it uses is the included jre with Intelllij and because of this, the adl command is run from that directory and therefore the secondary executable in my application's working directory is there also (in the jre's bin folder within Intellij.

So, the question is... is there anyway that adl can set the working directory of the application it is debugging? My other option is to start up the secondary application and pass in the path I want, but that application is controlled by other people so it is harder to get development on it.

Thanks for any help or ideas.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

I have found that I can use the NativeProcessStartupInfo's workingDirectory property to start my 2nd application. *d'oh!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have found that I can use the NativeProcessStartupInfo's workingDirectory property to start my 2nd application. *d'oh!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines