• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Harmon AIR 33.1 with Flashbuilder 4.6 - migrating APK to Android 64 bit.

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone give me some guidance about making an Android 64 installer for my AIR app please?

I have the latest Harmon AIR 33.1 libraries.  I've applied the Flex version over my previous library set (33.0) and can compile 32 bit apps for Android.

When following the install instructions for my Flash Builder 4.6 compiler I did not find the following:

Click on "Customize Launch", "Add Parameter..." and give a name of "-arch" and value "armv8". Place this after the "-target" option.

I've done the rest of the steps in the installation instructions.

I'm currently getting an error that tells me "An internal build error has occurred.  See the error log for more information".  

I know I have 32bit hand built APKs in the app so I'm looking at upgrading them to 64 bit by changing them to target Android 28.   

I've read here that people have used Flashbuilder 4.6 with the Harmon AIR 33.1 libraries, and also others that recommend building the app from the command line (I'm assuming they've got a batch file to help here).   

Can anyone offer any advice on configuring FB4.6 to make a 64bit APK please, or on how to analyse the internal build error?  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think there are a number of requirements here.
1 - we need the 64 bit version of Java 1.8 installed to make Android 64 bit apps. (I've tried the -d64 parameter with a 32 bit version of Java - and it didn't like it)
2 - from what I've seen previously FlashBuilder 4.6 comes with its own version of Java.    I uninstalled this, and matched it with the 32 bit version of Java 1.8.0_In my case I've upgraded this to the 32 bit version of the Java 1.8.0_132 JRE (FlashBuilder 4.6 is a 32bit application that needs a 32bit runtime to work against).

There are a number of batch files in the AIRSDK's bin folder.  Editing these does not help.   If I comment one out completely - the app still builds.

There's a link from "professorM" on this site which has given me the best clue - see https://community.adobe.com/t5/air/can-t-build-64-bit-apk-for-air-33/td-p/10802128?page=1

The crucial bit appears to be -d64

I can build my app by going into release mode, and getting to the screen where the compiler asks for my p12 file so it can sign the file.   This makes a folder called bin-release-temp, with the files I need to package in it.

The command he outlines allows me to package my APK - if I don't have any ANEs in it.

I have Native Extensions in my App - from what I understand I need 64 bit versions of those ANEs 

I'm NOW trying to solve the problem of combining the ANEs into the app.    I cannot find the switches to use to combine them into my release app.

The solution might be to get a 64 bit IDE....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines