Highlighted

Having issues with iPhone 6+ landscape rotation in AIR 16 (Released Jan 13th)

Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When rotating the screen from portrait to landscape the iOS status bar disappears and some buttons in my UI become unclickable.

I created a bug for it here.

Is anyone seeing this issue on other devices like iPhone 6 perhaps? The iPhone 4 with an older version of iOS doesn't have the problem.

TOPICS
Air beta

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Having issues with iPhone 6+ landscape rotation in AIR 16 (Released Jan 13th)

Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When rotating the screen from portrait to landscape the iOS status bar disappears and some buttons in my UI become unclickable.

I created a bug for it here.

Is anyone seeing this issue on other devices like iPhone 6 perhaps? The iPhone 4 with an older version of iOS doesn't have the problem.

TOPICS
Air beta

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 19, 2015 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reporting the issue.

But it's a desired behaviour on iOS 8, now we need to set explicitly if status bar should be shown or not.

However we can't see any UI freeze after rotating device.

Could you please share some sample code/Application with which we can reproduce problem at our end.

Regards,

Jitender

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 20, 2015 0
Participant ,
Jan 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am having the same issues with AIR 16 (did not happen with AIR 15). I am using starling and when I switch from landscape to portrait (or vice versa) dynamically using stage.setApsectRatio, the display is working good but UI items are not clickable, the touch points are offset-ed by the starting app orientation (wether the app started as portrait or landscape).

The issue is happening on my iPhone 6 and 5s on iOS 8

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 20, 2015 0
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this! I also was using setAspectRatio.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 20, 2015 0
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the button in the top right is becoming unclickable only after pushView() -- I have uploaded a new sample app illustrating the issue.

Also I found another problem somewhat related to this one. setAspectRatio("landscape") followed by setAspectRatio("any") produces a rotated display of my view. This has been entered: iOS 8 stage.setAspectRatio(any) leads to incorrectly rotated content

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 20, 2015 0
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a related problem.

On all iOS systems I've tested except the iPhone 6, the status bar rotates properly and gets displayed properly (white text).  On the iPhone 6, it works perfectly in portrait mode.  When rotated to landscape mode, the status bar disappears.

I have no offsets showing up on buttons or anything else.  Everything on my part of the app works fine.  I'm not using setAspectRatio.  I am using Starling/Feathers.

I'd love to understand why the status bar disappears in landscape mode - it's making the app unreleasable.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 07, 2015 0
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeffrey,

It's due to the recent change in functionality that is introduced by Apple on iOS 8.

Currently we haven't added any such provision of displaying status bar in landscape mode.

However, I would request you to kindly log an enhancement request for this in bugbase. we might add this support in AIRSDK, if vote count for the request is high.

Thanks & Regards,

Jitender

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 11, 2015 0
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Currently we haven't added any such provision of displaying status bar in landscape mode.

Are you honestly suggesting that I would have to log a bug because the status bar isn't displayed on all iPhone 6's when it is in landscape mode?  Isn't that something basic to the whole platform?

Is there a list anywhere that shows what has been left out?  I messed around with this for a few hours before I finally gave up.  I never considered that the basic platform wouldn't have allowed the current shipping phone to be turned on its side.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 11, 2015 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Status bar in landscape is not standard for iPhone. Try some of the standard iOS apps, say Safari and Mail. neither show the status bar in landscape.

In fact all Apple apps are consistent, they either prevent landscape or they show landscape without the status bar. It may turn out not to be possible for Adobe to do much about that.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 11, 2015 0
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, that's fair.  There are plenty of apps that do provide a landscape status bar though too - Google Maps is a good example.

I'm fine with removing the bar too - is there a way to know which platforms won't have the status bar?  I'll remove my bug if i can get a reliable detection method.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 11, 2015 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good point about Google Maps, at least it's possible, you may as well keep the feature request alive. That's the only app I've found so far that allows landscape and also keeps the status bar.

One interesting thing, my portrait AIR apps are the only ones that do upside down portrait. Even Google Maps doesn't do that.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 11, 2015 0
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm totally fine with not having the status bar in landscape mode.

Is there a way to determine which configurations will act that way so I don't draw the solid bar underneath it?

Thanks for any help or techniques you might know that will detect these situations!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 15, 2015 0