Highlighted

Help with ad hoc app

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an ad hoc app developed for my client a year ago.  It has been installed on an ipad air 2013 (not ipad air2) The ipad needs to be replaced, and my client is asking for recommendations for a new one. Unfortunately, my developer died suddenly, and I have not located someone to offer advice to me.  I THINK I recall him telling me that a system change could render the app useless.  I do not remember if it was ios, hardware or both. I'm guessing ios, but with hardware updates since 2013, I'm not sure.  I don't want to hamstring my client with an old device, if they can safely upgrade. (The app will only be used for another year, if I'm not mistaken) But I also don't want them to have to rebuild (other than adding the device id) for the remaining time.  Is there anything I need to know in order to recommend a new device to my client?

TOPICS
AIR for iOS, FAQ, Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Help with ad hoc app

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an ad hoc app developed for my client a year ago.  It has been installed on an ipad air 2013 (not ipad air2) The ipad needs to be replaced, and my client is asking for recommendations for a new one. Unfortunately, my developer died suddenly, and I have not located someone to offer advice to me.  I THINK I recall him telling me that a system change could render the app useless.  I do not remember if it was ios, hardware or both. I'm guessing ios, but with hardware updates since 2013, I'm not sure.  I don't want to hamstring my client with an old device, if they can safely upgrade. (The app will only be used for another year, if I'm not mistaken) But I also don't want them to have to rebuild (other than adding the device id) for the remaining time.  Is there anything I need to know in order to recommend a new device to my client?

TOPICS
AIR for iOS, FAQ, Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 12, 2018 0

Have something to add?