Highlighted

How can I allocate more RAM to my AIR application?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get a out-of-memory error when I run my application in the debugger. So how can I, in general, allocate more RAM to this application? The limit seems to be around 1GB of memory usage before the error fires. This can't be the amount of memory allocation for AIR, if I'm stuck with 1GB for a RAM budget...extremely disappointed.

AIR SDK Version: 29.0

This is for Adobe AIR on Desktop

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How can I allocate more RAM to my AIR application?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get a out-of-memory error when I run my application in the debugger. So how can I, in general, allocate more RAM to this application? The limit seems to be around 1GB of memory usage before the error fires. This can't be the amount of memory allocation for AIR, if I'm stuck with 1GB for a RAM budget...extremely disappointed.

AIR SDK Version: 29.0

This is for Adobe AIR on Desktop

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 30, 2018 0
Enthusiast ,
Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

which version of Windows? is it a 32-bit or 64-bit Windows?
what do you do that require that much RAM?

the out of memory is not necessary a lack of RAM it could also be a memory leak

AIR 29 allow to publish the AIR app as 64-bit
which would allow more RAM

but if you got a memory leak it's not really a solution

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 30, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Windows 10 Home 64-bit.

This is not a memory leak, I just encountered this while I was experimenting with some benchmarking, I was watching task manager as well as using System.privateMemory to monitor how much RAM the benchmark eats up while it runs. It'll peak at about 1.2GB but any higher and the error fires.

I require 1GB+ RAM because I am developing an application using Away3D that's not a game. I came across this problem just seeing how long it would take to put 50 million uints into an array.

I retried with the correct SDK and it still compiles to 32-bit, as the RAM problem still exists.

I have Adobe AIR SDK & Compiler version 29.0.0.112 for win&mac.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 01, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fixed this problem by doing this :

Why does AIR publish x64 only if..

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 01, 2018 0