Highlighted

How do I associate a captive-runtime AIR app with a filetype on OSX, without breaking codesigning?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The documentation from both Adobe and Apple says that it is required to change the Info.plist file in order to associate an app with a filetype

However, one is also required to codesign the app in order to pass through OSX's Gatekeeper security restrictions.

How can I get pass this problem? If I codesign from within AIR, and then change the Info.plist in the exported bundle, won't it break the codesigning?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How do I associate a captive-runtime AIR app with a filetype on OSX, without breaking codesigning?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The documentation from both Adobe and Apple says that it is required to change the Info.plist file in order to associate an app with a filetype

However, one is also required to codesign the app in order to pass through OSX's Gatekeeper security restrictions.

How can I get pass this problem? If I codesign from within AIR, and then change the Info.plist in the exported bundle, won't it break the codesigning?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 10, 2014 0
Engaged ,
Sep 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried using NativeApplication.nativeApplication.setAsDefaultApplication(extension:String) method?

According to the documentation:

"Sets this application as the default application for opening files with the specified extension.

Note: This method can only be used with file types declared in the fileTypes statement in the application descriptor."

I used it successfully in the past when creating a video player app for Mac/Windows that became the default for FLVs and F4Vs, but it was before captive runtime was available so Im not sure if that makes a difference or not. Also not sure how this affects code-signing but might as well give it a shot if you havent tried it or if you know it wont break anything. If you are using Flash CS6 or CC, just remember to add the file extension(s) you want to associate under AIR Settings -> Advance -> Associated file types. Not sure how Flash Builder handles those settings.

NativeApplication - Adobe ActionScript® 3 (AS3 ) API Reference

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 12, 2014 1