• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I create a Captive 64 bit Adobe Air Application For Windows?

Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Ive successfully created many 32bit applications but with the recent decisions by Apple to encourage developers to only build 64bit versions of their software, if they want it in the Apple store.

So Ive downloaded the most recent Adobe Air SDK 29 and Ive tried researching how to build a Captive 64bit version of my software, but with very few results.

Before I build of IOS I wanted to build a 64bit version for windows. This would allow me to test it first to see if there were any problems.

But the only thing I've found with instructions is:

Combined Windows 32-bit and 64-bit AIR SDK | Adobe Developer Connection

And the problem is Im using the SDK's ADT app to package the runtime from that SDK, with my application.

I want to specify a 64bit build version and so far Ive found a new application descriptor <architecture>64</architecture>. But this was a dead end. The ADT compiler through an error stating it did not recognise this new descriptor.

Any help what so ever with this would be very much appreciated.

Just to add, when I run my built application, I take a look at the running app in my task manager to see if its 32 or 64bit and every time I run my built app its showing the *32 by the app name.

Im developing on Windows 7 64bit machine.

Daz

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

You are right on the money ASWC.

Im using FlashDevelop so I will add the notes accordingly.

So to recap then and to build a 64bit windows application using the latest SDK (Download Adobe AIR 29 Beta - Adobe Labs)

Step 1

Make sure you have downloaded the correct SDK and you have added it to your project

Step 2

Add "-swf-version=40" (without quotes) into the Project properties -> compiler options -> Addition compiler options

OR

Add this to your .as3proj file <option additional="-swf-version=40" /> (if you

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The <architecture> tag is only used when working with Animate and the article makes it clear. The article also shows you how to work with Flash Builder which under the hood is really a ADT packaging so this should be the part of interest for you. As the article says this is done by setting a win env variable so try that and see what happens.

On a side note, since you were talking about publishing for MAC, I believe 64bit for MAC has been available for quite a while, it's only the windows 64bit version that is now available with the latest SDK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ASWC,

Thanks for your reply.

I added the suggested AIR_WIN_ARCH 64 environment variable but with no success.

Daz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After reading (better) it seems the <architecture> is what needs to be used with ADT so nvm. ADT (29) should recognize that tag unless maybe there's something missing in the command line that makes ADT complain.

Btw what's your IDE?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are right on the money ASWC.

Im using FlashDevelop so I will add the notes accordingly.

So to recap then and to build a 64bit windows application using the latest SDK (Download Adobe AIR 29 Beta - Adobe Labs)

Step 1

Make sure you have downloaded the correct SDK and you have added it to your project

Step 2

Add "-swf-version=40" (without quotes) into the Project properties -> compiler options -> Addition compiler options

OR

Add this to your .as3proj file <option additional="-swf-version=40" /> (if you do it this way, you will have to close and then re-open your project for this value to take effect.

Step 3

Add the NEW <architecture>64</architecture> into your application.xml file. I put this just below the <name> node

If you don't add this new node into your application.xml file, it will default to a 32bit application

Step 4

Build your Air Application. I used a batch file to do this.

I hope this helps people out and thanks a lot to ASWC for the help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines