Highlighted

How do you profile AIR mobile applications?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm used to using FlashBuilder to profile an application, take memory snapshots, and find lingering objects from memory leaks.  With AIR mobile, the best I can do is run Adobe Scout to verify that my application has a memory leak.  The list of all ActionScript objects is massive- it's not useful for tracking down a leak.  Is there a way to use the standard FlashBuilder profiler, or another way to track down a memory leak using Adobe Scout?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How do you profile AIR mobile applications?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm used to using FlashBuilder to profile an application, take memory snapshots, and find lingering objects from memory leaks.  With AIR mobile, the best I can do is run Adobe Scout to verify that my application has a memory leak.  The list of all ActionScript objects is massive- it's not useful for tracking down a leak.  Is there a way to use the standard FlashBuilder profiler, or another way to track down a memory leak using Adobe Scout?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 23, 2014 0
Advocate ,
Jul 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you enable advanced telemetry? Do you use object pooling and object nulling technique?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 25, 2014 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I've enabled telemetry.  I use object pooling and nulling, but not in the instance that's causing the exception.  It's a simple block that involves a few Parsley commands and an ANE.  I really need the profiler to figure out what part is leaking, and I have to test it on a device because of the ANE.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 25, 2014 0
tehxike1 LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No ideas?  Being unable to effectively profile mobile applications is a huge problem for me right now.  Any help would be very appreciated.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 11, 2014 0