Highlighted

How to access mobile front camera using Adobe AIR apps?

New Here ,
May 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Team,

I am developing an e-learning project on Animate CC (AIR as3.0)  where e-course is running on users mobile. This course has assessment as well. Client wants some functionalities which are listed below:

1: This App should be capable of handling assessments and generate score. ( I did -- completed)

2: This App should send records to their database. (I did -- completed)

3: This App should have timer dependent activities. (I did -- completed)

4: This App should take picture of the participants and save to their database (PHP MYSQL structure) ... (I am unable to handle this task) -- NEED HELP HERE

I need a guidance to handle user's mobile camera to take his picture during course progress after certain intervals and that picture need to be stored in their database with date and time only.

I will be very thankful for your time guys. please help me out. 

Best regards

Prashant Dwivedi - INDIA

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to access mobile front camera using Adobe AIR apps?

New Here ,
May 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Team,

I am developing an e-learning project on Animate CC (AIR as3.0)  where e-course is running on users mobile. This course has assessment as well. Client wants some functionalities which are listed below:

1: This App should be capable of handling assessments and generate score. ( I did -- completed)

2: This App should send records to their database. (I did -- completed)

3: This App should have timer dependent activities. (I did -- completed)

4: This App should take picture of the participants and save to their database (PHP MYSQL structure) ... (I am unable to handle this task) -- NEED HELP HERE

I need a guidance to handle user's mobile camera to take his picture during course progress after certain intervals and that picture need to be stored in their database with date and time only.

I will be very thankful for your time guys. please help me out. 

Best regards

Prashant Dwivedi - INDIA

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 27, 2019 0
Advocate ,
May 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's fairly easy so I won't be posting code but here are the steps:

- Use the flash.media.Camera class to get a list of available (Camera.names) Cameras (permission required on mobile)

- Pick the camera you need > loop Camera.names > Camera.getCamera( name ) > camera.position

- Now you picked the correct camera > attach it to a flash.media.Video instance.

- You can now add your Video instance in display list.

- Take a screenshot of the camera > camera.drawToBitmapData(bitmapData);  < pass a valid BitmapData with the correct size

- Save screenshot > bitmapData.encode( .... ) < will give you binarydata that you can save in DB the way you see fit.

That's it. All those operations are described with examples in the AS3 Docs, use them.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 28, 2019 0
New Here ,
May 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ASWC,

I am oblized for your reply. Thanks for your time. But still i couldn't make it possible. I will be very thankful if you can share codes for the same. I will never forget your help

best regards,

Prashant dwivedi

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 29, 2019 0