• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to access unfiltered, raw microphone audio data - no echo suppression and no AEC

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2020 Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm creating a mobile app for iOS and Android using Adobe AIR 33.1.1.98 and need to get hold of the raw microphone audio data without it having been manipualted by any echo suppression or acoustic echo cancellation filters. In fact, not manipulated in any way by any type of noise suppression or correction feature.

I'll provide the technical details of what I've done if needs be but I believe I have tried all the options available around Microphone.getMicrophone and Microphone.getEnhancedMicrophone and variously turning off the echo suppression or acoustic echo cancellation features via both of those routes; whilst also setting the Android permission flag in relation to using the enhanced mic.

For all my efforts, I'm getting audio back from Android devices which has obviosuly been subjected to some sort of noise filtering - I generate spectrograms from the audio data so I can see (visually) the effects of the audio filters effectively vandalising the audio data.

For my purposes, I need to mic audio data untouched.

Is there a reliable way to get access on iOS and Android to the raw/untouched/unfiltered/non-ES/non-AEC audio data?

Ah, should add I'm accessing the audio data in the following, normal, way:

mic.addEventListener(SampleDataEvent.SAMPLE_DATA, this.handleSampleAudioDataFromMic);

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines