Highlighted

How to add additional app icons in CS6 without getting "Error creting files.Icon file is missing"

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When adding new icons link in the descriptor XML, I am always getting:

Untitled-1.jpg

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Colin Holgate | Adobe Community Professional

The way icons work is a mixture of what the ADT compiler does, and what Flash Pro does. The current version of Flash Pro is better in that respect, as is the current AIR SDK. If you want to keep using CS6 and avoid the icon issues, you may need to do builds using the command line. I don't think Adobe will go back and revise CS6 in the way they have with the CC versions.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to add additional app icons in CS6 without getting "Error creting files.Icon file is missing"

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When adding new icons link in the descriptor XML, I am always getting:

Untitled-1.jpg

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Colin Holgate | Adobe Community Professional

The way icons work is a mixture of what the ADT compiler does, and what Flash Pro does. The current version of Flash Pro is better in that respect, as is the current AIR SDK. If you want to keep using CS6 and avoid the icon issues, you may need to do builds using the command line. I don't think Adobe will go back and revise CS6 in the way they have with the CC versions.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 31, 2015 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 31, 2015 0
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using adt im getting the following error:

error 103: application.icon.image192x192 is an unexpected element/attribute

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 01, 2015 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used 192x192 in AIR 17. Which version of AIR are you using?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 01, 2015 0
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem was in the descriptor file. I have changed <application xmlns="http://ns.adobe.com/air/application/3.2"> to <application xmlns="http://ns.adobe.com/air/application/17.0"> and now its working using the ADT command lines

I have added the following icons:

<icon>

<image36x36>ico/36x36.png</image36x36>

<image48x48>ico/48x48.png</image48x48>

<image72x72>ico/72x72.png</image72x72>

<image96x96>ico/96x96.png</image96x96>

<image144x144>ico/144x144.png</image144x144>

<image192x192>ico/192x192.png</image192x192>

</icon>

The 64 x 64 icon didn't worked, but i guess its ok

I wonder why it's so difficult to update the IDE? (E.g. Firefox version is 37 now )

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 01, 2015 0