Highlighted

How to debug an AIR app in iPhone 6 on iOS simulator?

New Here ,
May 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I wanted to update my app to support iPhone 6 and 6+' native resolutions. Now I don't have either device and want to start testing using the iOS simulator.

In Flash Builder's debug launch configurations in the "Default Device" list I can only select "iPhone (Retina)" which would be iPhone 5, all the while I have set the Simulator SDK to iPhoneSimulator8.3.sdk.

I can manually switch the device in the simulator to be iPhone 6 but everytime I press debug in FB it switches the simulator hardware back to iPhone 5.

How can I make FB start the app with iPhone 6 as default device in the iOS Simulator?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to debug an AIR app in iPhone 6 on iOS simulator?

New Here ,
May 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I wanted to update my app to support iPhone 6 and 6+' native resolutions. Now I don't have either device and want to start testing using the iOS simulator.

In Flash Builder's debug launch configurations in the "Default Device" list I can only select "iPhone (Retina)" which would be iPhone 5, all the while I have set the Simulator SDK to iPhoneSimulator8.3.sdk.

I can manually switch the device in the simulator to be iPhone 6 but everytime I press debug in FB it switches the simulator hardware back to iPhone 5.

How can I make FB start the app with iPhone 6 as default device in the iOS Simulator?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 22, 2015 0
Engaged ,
May 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem - I can choose which device to simulate in Flash Builder, but regardless it always starts up in iphone 5 mode.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 22, 2015 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. The iOS Simulator always starts up in iPhone 5.

If I try to change the device from the simulator menu "Hardware->Device-> iPad2" the application is stopped, the new device is loaded,

however when I debug the application, iPhone 5 is started again.

Could you please give us some insight how to debug on different devices?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 02, 2015 0
kheftel LATEST
Engaged ,
Jun 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a workaround, once the new device starts up, I can manually open the debug app from the simulator's home screen. But then I lose the debug connection to flash builder.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 02, 2015 2