Highlighted

How to detect & use barcode reader in Air for Desktop.

Participant ,
Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Friends,

Iam creating a desktop app. In that i want to use Barcode reader.. for example i have a text field & a buttton on my stage, if the user press that barcode reader button (connected with computer via usb), i want that barcode number in that text box.

How can i do this in my Adobe Air desktop appliction. Iam using animate cc's Air for Desktop. pls help me igot sturckup.

Thanks and Regards,

Syed Abdul Rahim

TOPICS
Air beta, Development, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to detect & use barcode reader in Air for Desktop.

Participant ,
Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Friends,

Iam creating a desktop app. In that i want to use Barcode reader.. for example i have a text field & a buttton on my stage, if the user press that barcode reader button (connected with computer via usb), i want that barcode number in that text box.

How can i do this in my Adobe Air desktop appliction. Iam using animate cc's Air for Desktop. pls help me igot sturckup.

Thanks and Regards,

Syed Abdul Rahim

TOPICS
Air beta, Development, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 15, 2020 0
Enthusiast ,
Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would need to use an ANE for that. I haven't tried it myself but here are two: 

https://www.myflashlabs.com/product/qr-code-ane-adobe-air-native-extension/ 

https://distriqt.github.io/ANE-Scanner/

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 16, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Feb 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The usb barcode reader does all the work and will insert the decoded barcode number itno the text field. The only thing you have to make sure is that the text field has focus before the user pushes the usb barcode reader. Essentially it works just like a usb keyboard. 

Now generating valid barcodes are a completely different store. there is open source as3 software out there that does that.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 02, 2020 0