• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to divide and load parts of Large Adobe AIR app for Android

Jun 18, 2014 Jun 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I want to create an app for Android but it will quite large. It will be larger than the 50MB offered by Google Play Store. This means that I need to find a way and break the app and load parts of it when I need them. Imagine it like minigames inside a bigger app.

It is not clear to me how to achieve this since every time on AIR, I can export and APK file for a mini-game let's say. Can I later download APKs and integrate them into my main app? How would this be possible? Another question that I have is: In order for a SWF to play on my app, it needs to be built by AIR for Android?

The best case would be to download content from In-App purchases and integrate in my app.

But these things are not so clear.

Thanks in advance for your help and support.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 18, 2014 Jun 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't know how your application is structured, but if you can split sections off into separate SWFs(plain AS3 document) then you could host those section SWFs online and require the user to download them on first run.

You could use the FileReference object to download the SWFs, save them to the File.applicationStorageDirectory, and then display/load them up with the Loader object when needed from the app storage directory. You would possibly need to check to see if the files are present at every boot of the app though as a user could "Clear Data" or "Clear Cache" of the app in the Settings of their device and one or both of those could/would delete the downloaded files.

FileReference - Adobe ActionScript® 3 (AS3 ) API Reference

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines