Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to enable hardware acceleration in desktop Adobe AIR app

Explorer ,
Mar 19, 2015 Mar 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

As the author of this post How do I enable hardware acceleration in an air exe? , I am trying to enable hardware acceleration inside my AIR application

If the user has disabled hardware acceleration in his flash player's settings, context3d.driverInfo will say "Hw_disabled=userDisabled"

His only way to re-enable it is to open Internet Explorer or Firefox and right click on a flash content, then check "Enable hardware acceleration"

I (we) would like to be allowed to re-enable it directly inside the AIR app (via actionscript code) and not telling the user to open a browser and check some random checkboxes (cause you know it's not very user-friendly...)

A bug has been opened here Bug#3843535 - Disabling Hardware Acceleration in IE flash plugin disables it in AIR EXEs and is marked as fixed but nothing is fixed : there's still no way to enable hardware acceleration in desktop AIR application

Thanks

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 19, 2015 Mar 19, 2015

Hello,

I pushed to get this bug fixed and was under the impression that we addressed this back in v16.  Can you share a sample app so I can have our team take a look?

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 19, 2015 Mar 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I pushed to get this bug fixed and was under the impression that we addressed this back in v16.  Can you share a sample app so I can have our team take a look?

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 20, 2015 Mar 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for your answer

I look like an idiot now... I was using AIR 15 instead of AIR 17 ><

So sorry for wasting your time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 20, 2015 Mar 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No worries at all!  I'm glad it was fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines