Highlighted

How to get player's score with Adobe's Gaming SDK GameCenter ANE

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I need your help with something that should be super easy, but I really couldn't find anywhere.

How do I get local player's highscore with adobe's gamecenter ane, from Gaming SDK? There is a requestScores, but in the only parameter it would make sense to specify the player type (playerScope:String) I only have 2 options to specify (Friends or Global). No option for Local. Default is global..

When using GameCenter, I want to show the player when he beats his own GameCenter's highscore, and print the current highscore on a results screen when he doesn't beat it. But I can't find anywhere how to get it through this ANE.

Maybe you can´t chack users score to compare with other users scores. I know you can compare your own score with last saved. This way i told you, you can only show a message only if score is stored, this way you can show a screen saying new high score, but this new high score will be his own high score, not all users high score.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to get player's score with Adobe's Gaming SDK GameCenter ANE

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I need your help with something that should be super easy, but I really couldn't find anywhere.

How do I get local player's highscore with adobe's gamecenter ane, from Gaming SDK? There is a requestScores, but in the only parameter it would make sense to specify the player type (playerScope:String) I only have 2 options to specify (Friends or Global). No option for Local. Default is global..

When using GameCenter, I want to show the player when he beats his own GameCenter's highscore, and print the current highscore on a results screen when he doesn't beat it. But I can't find anywhere how to get it through this ANE.

Maybe you can´t chack users score to compare with other users scores. I know you can compare your own score with last saved. This way i told you, you can only show a message only if score is stored, this way you can show a screen saying new high score, but this new high score will be his own high score, not all users high score.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 31, 2015 0
Explorer ,
Apr 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌Do you want to show leaderboard from gamecenter inside your app or do you want to get rank as string to create you own leaderboard page?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 01, 2015 0
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Decco, I would like to show only the player's highscores inside my game, for each leaderboard.

4morrone, I have the highscore stored in the device, but I would prefer if the player could see his highscores in any device he is logged in. Or if he re-installed the app, for example. When the player beats a level with a new highscore I show him a "New Highscore" screen, which wouldn't be so cool if the local highscore doesn't match his GameCenter score.

I mean, Its not a really big problem, but I thought it would be easy. It's kind of strange that there is a function to get friends scores, global scores, but not local player's scores (which is a more important information), why would I get friend's GameCenter scores, if I can't compare them to the player's GameCenter score.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 01, 2015 0
Explorer ,
Apr 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌why not store the users high score locally and also report it to GameCenter. The user will what his high score is, because not all users will log into GameCenter. For my game at the beginning of a level you will see your high score which will be on GameCenter also and the overall high score who ever it may be, but the users is stored locally so it's always there. The overall gets pulled as a string.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 01, 2015 0
Explorer ,
Apr 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry, i don´t know how to store locally. I´m using, in my game, save to database and to gamecenter. If you want to save in gamecenter when user gets high score, you can use adobe's code gcController.submitScore(); you can implement it to get a string saved locally gcController.submitScore(Number(StringSaveId.toString())); this will save into gamecenter only your string value that you already saved. And to show gamecenter when user gets his high score you can try something like if (gcController.submitScore(Number(StringSaveId.toString()))) { gcController.showLeaderboardView();  } this will show users position and his position in relation of other users

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 01, 2015 0
Explorer ,
Apr 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 01, 2015 0