• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to get Soft. Keyboard height on iOS & Androidios,

Participant ,
Jan 07, 2015 Jan 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been struggling to get the correct height of the soft. keyboard height on iOS & Android.

There are some topics on the forum but they do not have any answer (Virtual keyboard height or Re: softKeyboardRect.height incorrectly returns 440 on android)

I am getting the height when the keyboard is activated via:

stage.softKeyboardRect.height

On iOS:

Height is returned correctly but on iOS 8, users can have custom keyboards, when such a keyboard is used (like swyft) the height returned is not not correct.

On Android:

Height is always wrong.

There is one ANE (freshplanet/ANE-KeyboardSize · GitHub) but currently works for android only.

Seeing that the height is part of AIR, it should work cross platform.

Any suggestions?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 04, 2016 Feb 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news about this?

On android (AIR 20) the height is always being reported as 440.

Pan behaviour moves the app slightly up as the value is wrong.

Bug#4085072 - Android softKeyboardRect Height is Incorrect

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hehehe... we'll im sorry to say pal, but it looks like me and you are out of luck.... this is NEVER getting fixed. I'm the one who created that link to bugbase you posted above, and your honestly the very first person to EVER acknowledge it even existed or was a problem. 4 Months gone by with no response from Adobe (though this is actually NOTHING compared to how long some bugs have gone they've never responded to).

you best option (as I've considered it that), is to use the ANE from Fresh Planet for android, and then just hope people don't use a custom keyboard on iOS..... yeah exactly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

also to hopefully save you a huge hassel,  the ANE from Fresh Planet will ONLY give you the correct keyboard height, once the keyboard has completely finished it's mini animation for appearing on the screen... Meaning that you need to set a slight delay, to ensure the keyboard is 100% visible, before running their Keyboard ANE. If you run the keyboard ANE during the keyboards transition to appear, the height reported will be the height of what is visible, not the entire keyboard... Yeah this was fun to discover with mention anywhere on freshplanets website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines