• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to reconcile the path to an external swf, in a mobile device package vs Flash Pro?

Participant ,
Mar 08, 2014 Mar 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am running into a small, convenience issue.

In my iOS AIR app, I am loading an external swf which has been included into the root of the ipa, via adt.

The code is :

var loader:Loader = new Loader();

var url:URLRequest = new URLRequest( "SoundLib.swf" );

var loaderContext:LoaderContext = new LoaderContext( false, ApplicationDomain.currentDomain, null

loader.contentLoaderInfo.addEventListener( Event.COMPLETE, onSoundLibLoadComplete, false, 0, true );

loader.load( url, loaderContext );

The swf loads just fine on the device, and I am able to instantiate the sound assets within it.  So far so good.

My issue is that when compiling the main swf in Flash Pro, I am forced to use the absolute path to where the external swf is located on my desktop drive ( C:/projectName/fla/common/SoundLib.swf ). If I just use "SoundLib.swf" ( even if I include the swf via the publish settings window), or if I use a relative path ( "../common/SoundLib.swf" ) to where the main swf gets compiled to, it just doesn't find it.

I would like to avoid having to update the path to the external swf ( SoundLib.swf ), manually, whenever I compile the swf candidate for the device, as opposed to when I am merely testing the swf in Flash Pro on the desktop.

Is there a way to do that?  Can the main swf recognize if it is run on the desktop , as opposed to on the mobile device?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don’t know about swf in particular, but for other external files we put them in a deploy holder, where the main swf lives. Those seem to work as path relative whether it’s in Flash or on the device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Right.  Thank's, Colin.

It makes sense to put the external swf in a subfolder within the main swf's folder, but in my case, the external swf is shared with several other projects so that would not be its proper place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines