Highlighted

I am looking for how to install Air on a Windows network preferably with GPO

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am looking for how to install Air on a Windows network preferably with GPO but failing that with an installer that will run silently in a startup script. I had a "chat" with the Customer Care where I asked this question and was given a link to the normal download page https://get.adobe.com/air/.  When I replied, "Yes I have downloaded both the stand-alone runtime installer and the bundled runtime installer but neither has an MSI to install on a windows network using GPO. The documentation for the bundled installer gives some switches that can be used to run a silent install in a script but when I try that it gives me "too many arguments.", the response was, "For this issue please visit our forums where our expert will assist you in a better way."

So expert, where are you? Please assist me in a better way.

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

I am looking for how to install Air on a Windows network preferably with GPO

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am looking for how to install Air on a Windows network preferably with GPO but failing that with an installer that will run silently in a startup script. I had a "chat" with the Customer Care where I asked this question and was given a link to the normal download page https://get.adobe.com/air/.  When I replied, "Yes I have downloaded both the stand-alone runtime installer and the bundled runtime installer but neither has an MSI to install on a windows network using GPO. The documentation for the bundled installer gives some switches that can be used to run a silent install in a script but when I try that it gives me "too many arguments.", the response was, "For this issue please visit our forums where our expert will assist you in a better way."

So expert, where are you? Please assist me in a better way.

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 24, 2016 0
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have now got adobeairinstaller.exe to work with -silent so I have put the install in a computer startup script.

This post can be disregarded, but oh how i wish adobe would provide MSIs more readily.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 24, 2016 0
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad you posted an update, since it helped me.  Mine also works with -silent, but not with the other command line switches.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 01, 2016 0
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are happy to know that your issue is resolved. Other arguments for command line are:

To run the Adobe AIR installer silently, start the Adobe AIR installer with the following command-line options:

-silent {-eulaAccepted -pingbackAllowed ( -location <loc> ) -desktopShortcut -programMenu} path
  • silent—The-silentoption tells the AIR installer to run in silent mode.
  • eulaAccepted—With the optional-eulaAcceptedoption specified, if the AIR application installer installs Adobe AIR, it records acceptance of the Adobe AIR end-user license agreement (EULA). The Adobe AIR installer records this acceptance for all users of the target computer.Important: Use the-eulaAcceptedoption only if your organization has agreed to the Adobe AIR end-user license agreement. You can only specify the-eulaAcceptedoption if the organization has agreed to the Adobe AIR end-user license for all users of the computer. You can only specify the-eulaAcceptedoption for deployment within an intranet.If you do not include the-eulaAcceptedoption and Adobe AIR is installed during a silent installation, Adobe AIR will later present the Adobe AIR end-user license agreement to each user of the machine. Users see the end-user license agreement (with the option to accept it) upon first running an AIR application.If used, specify the-eulaAcceptedoption immediately after the ‑silentoption.
  • pingbackAllowed — Allows the installer to check for updates to the AIR runtime and report a successful install to Adobe over the Internet. No identifying information is transmitted.
  • location—The optional-locationoption provides the location (an absolute file system path) to install the AIR application. The default location is the standard application installation location.
  • desktopShortcut—The optional-desktopShortcutoption causes the installer to install a desktop shortcut for the installed AIR application. If you do not specify this option, no desktop shortcut is installed.
  • programMenu—The optional-programMenuoption causes the installer to install a program menu shortcut for the installed application (on Windows). If you do not specify this option, no program menu shortcut is installed.
  • path—Thepathoption specifies the path to the AIR file to install.The AIR application installer installs the correct version of Adobe AIR on the target computer, as required by the AIR application to be installed.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 01, 2016 0
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Morning World,

I've worked out this method and written the accompanying batch file (ugh!) to deploy adobe AIR via gpo . Not ideal I know but until we get a nice happy clean easy msi (like we do with Flash and Shockwave) this is the best we can do.

Step 1 - Download the exe from Adobe - Adobe AIR  - standard really.

Step 2 - Use 7zip (or others) and extract said exe to a network shared location

Step 3 - Set this script to deploy (startup/shutdown whenever you please - flexibility is good!)

net use k: "\\domainname\xxxx\xxxx\V24 - Dec2016"

k:

AdobeAIRInstaller.EXE -silent -eulaAccepted

net use k: /d

Now you have Air installed! Eventually.

I used a temp network mapping because thats how I like to do workarounds like this.

I hope this helps others trying to maintain a network and to keep using Adobe Air in their networks.

Best wishes to all for 2017 and beyond.

Dear Santa,

All I want for Christmas is for Adobe to offer MSI's for all their products. And world peace.

Thanks

Me

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 19, 2016 0