Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can no longer install AIR mobile apps on iOS 9.3.1

Participant ,
Apr 04, 2016 Apr 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I updated iOS on my iPhone a couple days ago and yesterday I noticed that I can't install IPA files either with adt or iTunes.

If I install it with iTunes, the icon and the progress bar appears on the home screen for a short time then it disappears.

If I use adt it gives "Installation Error: ApplicationVerificationFailed." error.

Anyone else experienced this?

Notes:

• OSX latest
  • iOS latest
  • AIR21 and AIR19 both produce the same result
  • Nothing is changed regarding the signing certificate
  • This version is just an update, the app has been working since 3 months, never experienced this issue
  • Uploading the app to store by Application Loader looks to be working fine, iTunesConnect also looks fine, but I did not enable this version yet for TestFlight testers, because I'm afraid something will break
  • The setting ( Settings/General ) where I used to manage developer certificates is gone, missing
  • The app appears in iTunes ( the install fails ) but no icon is shown (instead it shows a default app icon) and it cannot be installed

Thanks

Update:

I tested it with simulator and it installs and runs fine, although the simulator's iOS version is 9.3

Message was edited by: Tamas Sopronyi

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 04, 2016 Apr 04, 2016

Hi IGZN‌,

We tried to reproduce the bug on AIR 19 and 21 on Mac and iOS 9.3.1 but the issue was not reproducible.

If you are trying with AIR SDK 21, please make sure that you have added the Certificate to the key-chain prior to adt packaging..

If you are still facing this issue please add a sample project to help us reproduce this issue

Note: There is a known bug with the Windows SDK, if asset contains Info.plist the installation will fail with "Installation Error: ApplicationVerificationFailed."

The

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi IGZN‌,

We tried to reproduce the bug on AIR 19 and 21 on Mac and iOS 9.3.1 but the issue was not reproducible.

If you are trying with AIR SDK 21, please make sure that you have added the Certificate to the key-chain prior to adt packaging..

If you are still facing this issue please add a sample project to help us reproduce this issue

Note: There is a known bug with the Windows SDK, if asset contains Info.plist the installation will fail with "Installation Error: ApplicationVerificationFailed."

The fix has been identified and will be available soon.

-Roshan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Roshan,

Is there a specific certificate in AIR21 that I should add to keychain? Or which cert should I add?

Like I mentioned, it's not a new app, already have dozens of versions in iTunes.

And all this happened on Mac, not on Windows

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

It is the same cert that you use package your application.

-Roshan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines