Highlighted

I cannot seem to get Air to install!

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the following error message: An error occurred while installing Adobe AIR. Installation may not be allowed by your administrator. Please contact your administrator. I am the admin and have never had this message before, Please help so I can get this installed. It won't install using IE, Chrome, or Firefox!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by kglad | Adobe Community Professional

Click Start, type services.msc in the start search box and press enter.

In the Services (Local) list, right-click Windows Installer, and then click Properties.

If the Startup type drop-down list is set to a value of Disable, select the Manual option from the Startup type drop-down list.

Click on Start button below the heading service status and click OK.

Then try to install again...

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

I cannot seem to get Air to install!

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the following error message: An error occurred while installing Adobe AIR. Installation may not be allowed by your administrator. Please contact your administrator. I am the admin and have never had this message before, Please help so I can get this installed. It won't install using IE, Chrome, or Firefox!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by kglad | Adobe Community Professional

In the Services (Local) list, right-click Windows Installer, and then click Properties.

If the Startup type drop-down list is set to a value of Disable, select the Manual option from the Startup type drop-down list.

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 26, 2015 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

right click the installation file>click 'run as administrator'.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 26, 2015 0
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope – Did not work. I am getting a bit frustrated.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 26, 2015 0
Feb 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what file (name and extension) did you download?

what's your os?

what do you see after clicking 'run as administrator'?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 26, 2015 0
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AdobeAirInstaller

Windows 8.1

Do you want Adobe Air to install on your Hard Drive. Of course I say yes. It then goes to Install Set Up, I agree to the Terms and Conditions, It says installing, and in less than a second comes up with the message: Sorry an error has occurred, An error occurred while installing Adobe AIR. Installation may not be allowed by your administrator. Please contact your administrator.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 26, 2015 0
Feb 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 27, 2015 0
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, after looking at the startup type, it was set for Manual, however the service was set at stopped. I started the service and the AdobeAir installed perfectly. Thanks for your help and guidance.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 27, 2015 0
kglad LATEST
Feb 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 27, 2015 0