I´m astonished this hasn´t been answered

Engaged ,
Sep 12, 2015 Sep 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried to find some help about these issues:

"Unable to build a valid certificate chain for the signer."

“Could not access the digital certificate”

and all I findin Adobe Forums is unanswered questions on the related topics or staledated references for AIR 3.0 or something tlike that.

I use Flash CC 2015 to buil my apps. Adobe says that I don´t have to know a lot about coding or programming. Adobe says almost anyone with some knowledge of Flash can create apps. I have been publishing Android apps and iOS apps using Flash CC for the las two years. But know that I´m trying to build desktop apps for mac it is impossible because when I try to publish my app for testing it on my mac it say:

"Unable to build a valid certificate chain for the signer."

or

“Could not access the digital certificate”

over and over.

I tried the advice from this guy: Code Signing Certificates for Adobe Air in OS X : Scott Gaertner and this link: Maintaining Your Signing Identities and Certificates

but I´m not an Xcode knower and nothing seems to work.

What is really frustrating is that this topic is in the Adobe Forums since 2010 whith  out a real answer from Adobe.

could not access the digital certificate. could not load keystore file (password may be incorrect)

Could not access the digital certificate

Since some months ago apple offered developers with iOS accounts to be able to publish desktop apps for mac ont the Mac App Store. I really wonder why Adobe has done a good actualization of the desktop apps AIR Settings window. The "Signature" tab doesn´t work as for iOS and the "Advanced" tab is a mistery for me (someone who is not a code expert).

I had been trying to find a way through in the last 48 hours. So if anyone can lend me a hand on this I will appreciate  A LOT!!!

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 13, 2015 Sep 13, 2015

He's doing desktop apps now, not iOS. I really should try making desktop AIR apps some time, then I might know the answer to questions like this one!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Sep 13, 2015 Sep 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand anything

Do you want to sign your IPA or what?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 13, 2015 Sep 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

He's doing desktop apps now, not iOS. I really should try making desktop AIR apps some time, then I might know the answer to questions like this one!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Sep 14, 2015 Sep 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are only exporting on Windows here, so I can't help either. But the one link you cited by Scott Gaertner actually contains the very error description you mentioned. Have you double checked the steps he describes at the end of his post?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 14, 2015 Sep 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi rewborn.

I´m gonna double check what you say.

Best

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines