Highlighted

I'm trying to use import com.adobe.crypto.* on Windows version of my App but get error 1172:Definition com.adobe.crypto could not be found

Explorer ,
Jul 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Mac version of my Air app works fine, so does the iPad version, but the PC version has been a bit of a nightmare.

I keep getting the error "1172:Definition com.adobe.crypto could not be found", when I publish it.

Basically the 'com' folder is in the same directory as the app I am publishing and within that is 'adobe' and within that is 'crypto' within that is a series of .as files.

I've added C:\Users\Gary\Documents\My_Applications\My_App_folder\com\adobe\crypto to source path list (I have no idea if that's right).

But that just gives me a different error 5001: The name of package com.adobe.crypto does not reflect the location of this file. Please change the package definitions name inside the file.......

I didn't have to include this source in the Mac version... but someone seemed to suggest it on a forum.

I'm basically stabbing in the dark at the mount, something I seem to be doing a lot of these days. 😞

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Gary

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

I'm trying to use import com.adobe.crypto.* on Windows version of my App but get error 1172:Definition com.adobe.crypto could not be found

Explorer ,
Jul 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Mac version of my Air app works fine, so does the iPad version, but the PC version has been a bit of a nightmare.

I keep getting the error "1172:Definition com.adobe.crypto could not be found", when I publish it.

Basically the 'com' folder is in the same directory as the app I am publishing and within that is 'adobe' and within that is 'crypto' within that is a series of .as files.

I've added C:\Users\Gary\Documents\My_Applications\My_App_folder\com\adobe\crypto to source path list (I have no idea if that's right).

But that just gives me a different error 5001: The name of package com.adobe.crypto does not reflect the location of this file. Please change the package definitions name inside the file.......

I didn't have to include this source in the Mac version... but someone seemed to suggest it on a forum.

I'm basically stabbing in the dark at the mount, something I seem to be doing a lot of these days. 😞

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Gary

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 13, 2014 0
Explorer ,
Jul 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've figured it out

Turns out I needed to add a source path (in the Actionscript 3 settings click on the Source File Tab) that exactly matches the directory the app and com folder is inside of. I wrongly assumed that Adobe Air could figure out where it was for itself, but no.... it needs to be told where to look for the com folder even though it's staring it right in its face. (Don't set the path to the 'com' folder itself, but to the enclosing folder that the .fla and the com is in).

The Mac version doesn't seem to need that, it just finds the com folder if it's inside the same folder.

Now I've got another massive error:-

new nightmare.png

When I test the app, it works fine sending to Air for Desktop, however when I publish with embedded runtime for Windows.... It comes up with this error.

Any ideas ?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 14, 2014 0