Highlighted

Icons for Android

Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on the Android version of my AIR app and reading the documentation about icons:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/air/build/WS901d38e593cd1bac1e63e3d129907d2886-8000.html

it seems like the app only needs 5 icons for Android:

"On Android, the icons specified in the application descriptor are used as the application Launcher icon.
The application Launcher icon should be supplied as a set of 36x36-, 48x48-, 72x72-, 96x96-, and 144x144- pixel PNG images.
These icon sizes are used for low-density, medium-density, and high-density screens, respectively."

I am just double checking, as the iOS version needed a far longer list of icon sizes, but are these five the only icon sizes needed to package an APK with AIR?

Thanks in advance for any answer you might give.

You are correct in only needing those 5 icon sizes. The next thing I go on about, you may or may not already know. One thing that you will have to do though is get the application settings finished as much as you can through the UI because you will have to manually edit the file to add the remaining two sizes. The Flash Pro interface only supports the first 3 sizes. To add the remaining two, you have to manually edit the XML app descriptor file, adding in the other two icons, then save and set the file permissions to read-only. After that, you can publish the app and it will have all the sizes. The read-only part is required because Flash will overwrite whatever changes you make to the XML file when you publish.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Icons for Android

Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on the Android version of my AIR app and reading the documentation about icons:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/air/build/WS901d38e593cd1bac1e63e3d129907d2886-8000.html

it seems like the app only needs 5 icons for Android:

"On Android, the icons specified in the application descriptor are used as the application Launcher icon.
The application Launcher icon should be supplied as a set of 36x36-, 48x48-, 72x72-, 96x96-, and 144x144- pixel PNG images.
These icon sizes are used for low-density, medium-density, and high-density screens, respectively."

I am just double checking, as the iOS version needed a far longer list of icon sizes, but are these five the only icon sizes needed to package an APK with AIR?

Thanks in advance for any answer you might give.

You are correct in only needing those 5 icon sizes. The next thing I go on about, you may or may not already know. One thing that you will have to do though is get the application settings finished as much as you can through the UI because you will have to manually edit the file to add the remaining two sizes. The Flash Pro interface only supports the first 3 sizes. To add the remaining two, you have to manually edit the XML app descriptor file, adding in the other two icons, then save and set the file permissions to read-only. After that, you can publish the app and it will have all the sizes. The read-only part is required because Flash will overwrite whatever changes you make to the XML file when you publish.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 03, 2014 0
Engaged ,
May 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 05, 2014 1
Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply, it's good to have that confirmed. In regards to editing the application descriptor manually, as I use FlashDevelop IDE, that's what I normally do, so no problem there Thanks again!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 05, 2014 0