• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

IDB: iTunes MobileDevice library not found.Please ensure iTunes version 12.1.0.71 or greater is installed error

Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2015 Dec 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even with the latest non beta AIR SDK :

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<air-sdk-description>

<name>AIR 20.0.0</name>

<version>20.0.0</version>

<build>204</build>

</air-sdk-description>

Still can't push / debug to iOS devices. Windows 7 64bit. Tried manualy, with ant script, or using FDT.. no joy.

If I copy over files from some older SDK into the iOS bin directory,  I can at least push to device via ant script using iIPA..

But debuging over ADB is still not possible and this is probably the most important issue..

This is marked as "fixed" in your Air 20 SDK release notes :

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/release-note/fp_20_air_20_release_notes.html

but it still not fixed? Or did you only fix it for windows 10? However majority of people are still on win7, so shouldn't that be fixed for this platform first??

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 15, 2015 Dec 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please try this with latest itunes 12.3, latest AIR SDK 20.0.0.204 and Flash Pro CC 2015/Flash Builder 4.7. The issue has been fixed recently. For more details you can also check this blog Troubleshooting common Adobe AIR installation errors with iOS applications‌ .

If you still face this issue, can you please share your environment details like itunes version, Flash pro/adt version?

-Adobe AIR

Piyush Bagri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2015 Dec 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Piyush

Thanks for your reply

I was now being able to resolve this issue with the following workaround mentioned here :

Re: iTunes MobileDevice library not found error when 'Install application on the connected iOS....'

1) Un-install Apple Application support 32 bit/64 bit, Apple Mobile Device Support, Apple Software Update, and iTunes

2) Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files and delete the Apple folder

3) Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files and delete the Apple folder

4) Go to C:\Users\<your user name>\music\iTunes and delete the .itl file

5) Download and install version 12.1.2 of iTunes: Download Apple iTunes 12.1.2 for Windows 64-bit. Make sure you untick the option to let iTunes automatically update. updating kills the Flash Pro to iOS usb communication (at least, until adobe figures out the problem and releases an air sdk that fixes the issue).

6) Restart your computer

7) Attach your phone to your computer via usb and unlock your phone so if the 'Trust This Computer' prompt appears you're ready to tap trust.

Open Flash Pro > Debug > Debug Movie > On Device via USB > click Refresh Device List if your iOS device is not already listed.

9) If that fails, open file explorer and make sure your iOS device appears in file explorer. If it does not, your usb-win connection has a problem. re-check your connections, the usb cable and make you have enabled 'Trust This Computer'.

The trouble with this solution is that it uses the old version of iTunes..

I have tried previously with the latest version of iTunes and Air 20.0.0 204 build and it didn't work.

I have latest flash CC 2015 but using it only for asset management, for development I am using FDT which is in principle the same as Flex / Flash builder.

It could be I needed to uninstall all those programs first mentioned in step 1 and do step 2,3,4 as well.. and maybe it would work even with the latest iTunes,

but I'm now in a middle of a time sensitive project and can't lose another 2-3 hours, reinstalling and restarting,  trying to get this work again, if this is still an issue for other users on windows 7, they will probably complain as well

Will certainly try upgrading iTunes later to see if this will now work with the latest version!

Slav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines