Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

In-App Purchases on Windows Store

Advocate ,
May 24, 2019 May 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I have finally finished part 2 of my blog to publish Air apps on Windows Store. This second part covers in-app purchases including server side verification: http://blog.evil-software.com/119/publishing-an-adobe-air-app-to-the-windows-store-iaps/

I hope it will be useful for some people.

Regards

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 08, 2019 Jun 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @rewborn

Thanks for posting those tutorials.

Are you aware that MS is now allowing Win32 apps on the store.

Do you think this means the conversion to UWP dance is not needed any more ?

https://mspoweruser.com/microsoft-finally-pushing-win32-support-for-windows-store-and-windows-10/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 09, 2019 Jun 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi el111​ I haven't followed up with that. But I know desktop apps (how regular software was called then) were supported on the Microsoft Store for Windows 8, but never had the same kind of visibility and support on the store. I don't know how it will go this time, but I imagine it will surely not hurt to have UWP instead of a regular app on the store, especially if you are looking to integrate in-app payments.

Would be interesting to see if in-app payments will still require you to submit an UWP since (at least at the time we submitted) it is not allowed to integrade payment services other then the official Store API.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 10, 2019 Jun 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I believe the newer API, Windows.Services.Store Namespace - Windows UWP applications | Microsoft Docs have been exposed to WinRT which means they can be called from "old school" apps. I have called their Machine Learning SDK from AIR via C# and it works really well. Microsoft are ironically opening up more and more UWP APIs to classic apps. I haven't myself implemented a store ANE but reading Win32 is now supported in the store piqued my interest.

They do mention Win32 so assume it is supported.

Desktop applications that use the Desktop Bridge can use the StoreContext class to implement in-app purchases and trials. However, if you have a Win32 desktop application or a desktop application that has a window handle (HWND) that is associated with the rendering framework (such as a WPF application), your application must configure the StoreContext object to specify which application window is the owner window for modal dialogs that are shown by the object.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines