Highlighted

Inject Authoriztion Header into WebView on Mobile

Engaged ,
Sep 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a RichWebView ANE by MyFlashLabs that is basically a StageWebView with a few extra features added.  I need to be able to inject a header into a WebView because I need to do HTTP Basic Authentication on a mobile device.  I do not want a user to have to enter a username and password into a login box(which I don't believe is support on mobile AIR anyway), but would much rather pass the username and password directly to my PHP file in an Authorization Header.  The problem is, I have no idea how to add an authorization header when opening a page in a WebView.  Any suggestions on things to try would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Inject Authoriztion Header into WebView on Mobile

Engaged ,
Sep 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a RichWebView ANE by MyFlashLabs that is basically a StageWebView with a few extra features added.  I need to be able to inject a header into a WebView because I need to do HTTP Basic Authentication on a mobile device.  I do not want a user to have to enter a username and password into a login box(which I don't believe is support on mobile AIR anyway), but would much rather pass the username and password directly to my PHP file in an Authorization Header.  The problem is, I have no idea how to add an authorization header when opening a page in a WebView.  Any suggestions on things to try would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 19, 2018 0

Have something to add?