• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

IOErrorEvent ID 2031, AIR desktop and local server

Explorer ,
Sep 29, 2016 Sep 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have developed an AIR application for Windows desktop (AIR v22.0.0.153), which allows users to design a logo and then send it via email (using airxmail v0.7). I have tested the 'send email' functionality using a gmail account and SMTP, and this works fine on several PCs. The application is installed on a PC in a museum, which is connected to the local network there. The app installed at the museum can successfully send the emails from my testing gmail account, however, the intention is to send the emails from the museums own email account, via their own local server.

No authentication is required to send the emails through the server at the museum, I just have the details of the SMTP host and port. Whenever the app attempts to send an email using the server, it triggers IOErrorEvent with errorID 2031.

Can anyone advise what is required to make this work?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Oct 07, 2016 Oct 07, 2016

I've just resolved this issue with the help of the IT company that manage the server. I needed to NOT use SSL with the local server. I had programmed the app to use SSL, as I needed it when testing with a gmail account.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
Oct 05, 2016 Oct 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you able to send email through the server from outside the app? Say by setting up an email account on a phone or laptop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi yachts9999,

The IT company that manage the server have said they can successfully send emails from the server, they've tested this from the command line.

I am unable to setup an email account on this server myself, and I cannot test sending emails from my app unless it is running on the servers local network.

Would my issue have anything to do with crossdomain policy files? Do I need to have one configured on the server?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was thinking along the lines of changing the outgoing server details for an existing email account, say on a phone and seeing if you can send out through their server that way.

That may prove that the outgoing mail server works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 07, 2016 Oct 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've just resolved this issue with the help of the IT company that manage the server. I needed to NOT use SSL with the local server. I had programmed the app to use SSL, as I needed it when testing with a gmail account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines