• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

iOS 8 and iPhone 5C specific issue

Engaged ,
Oct 08, 2014 Oct 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So ever since iOS 8 rolled out I keep getting emails from users that our various apps are not working. These are built with different versions of AIR including one we just put out about a week ago with the latest AIR. The one thing they have in common is they are all iPhone 5C users, this is really strange because this issue did not exist before iOS8 and the apps still work perfect on iPhone 5, iPad Mini, iPhone 6 and a full size iPad so I cant figure out why just the 5C would be having issues. Is anyone else experiencing this?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've noticed no specific problems with the iPhone 5C. What kind of problems you are facing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just complete crashes at boot, or so reported by our users, many of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2014 Oct 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you get system log  it with Xcode Organizer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 10, 2014 Oct 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately I am not able to replicate the issue on my devices and I never deal with Xcode during my build process.

Part of the issue seems to be the new notifications that iOS 8 presents for AIR apps like the push notification option eventhough my app never alerts the user, one of my users had some success with deleting and re-installing the app but only one of the 3 apps benefited form this solution so its still a mystery.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines