• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

iOS Air Native Extension not working on iOS12

Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2018 Nov 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We wrote a custom ANE (to do MP3 compression) in 2016, which worked OK on a previous versions of iOS, but when we recently tested it on iOS12 the ANE would no longer load.

We get an exception when instantiating the ANE.

I'm not sure if this problem started in iOS12, or potentially iOS11 or even iOS10, since we have not deployed a production app using the ANE, since it was written, and tested in July 2016.

Does anyone know if there were any changes in iOS in the last 18 months, which would cause older ANE's to fail to instantiate in iOS12.

e.g. Are there any new entitlements that need to be included in the app xml ??

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Can you share the exception message? There are significant changes in iOS12 and this could be potentially due to those changes. You will have to recompile ANE using latest XCode in that case.

Regards,

Rohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @

I re-tested and it seems to be working OK now.  I did update to the latest version of Animate CC, but I think i was already using the latest AIR SDK (v31) so I don't think that would have made any difference.

Anyway. The ANE is definitely working OK with iOS12.

FYI. Our ANE does not have much integration with AIR, it simply has one function (called Compress) which takes an input file and an output file as string arguments.

It then just compresses audio file and outputs to the required file.

Thanks again

Roger Clark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines