• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

iOS App: "could not access the digital certificate"

Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had an app on my iPad that stopped working. I deleted the app and am trying to put it back on my iPad, but I keep getting the error from Adobe Animate "Could not access the digital certificate"

I first pushed the app to my iPad March of 2016 and haven't touched it since, except to open it up on my iPad.

I am trying to get it back on my iPad using Adobe Animate CC 2017

Target: AIR 25.0 for iOS

GENERAL TAB:

Render Mode: GPU

Device: iPad

Resolution: High

**I left all other options alone**

DEPLOYMENT TAB:

Deployment: I selected my .p12 certificate that I created March of 2016

Password: I think I have the right one, at least, I don't get a password error

Provisioning Profile: I selected the one I created March of 2016

App ID: Entered this

Deployment Type: Device Testing

A FEW OTHER NOTES:

I don't know if this makes a difference, but my developer license did expire and in Keychain Access, it does show that my "iPhone Developer" certificate is expired.

I also read that the current Adobe Animate CC 2017 could be the issue, but I don't have an older version of Animate. I do have Adobe Flash CS6, but the highest "Target" is AIR 3.4 for iOS.

Also, do I need to renew my license, just to get an old app back on my iPad? Or will the certificate and provisioning profile that I created last year, still work, even if my developer license/account is expired?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you've made changes to the app and are trying to compile a new ipa, you'll need an active developer license. On the other hand, if your goal is to get the same app (not edited) back on your iPad, you should be able to retrive it by opening iTunes on your PC/Mac while your iPad is connected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m trying to upload the same app I uploaded March if 2016. I have not made any changes since.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, then you should be able to find it by connecting your iPad to your PC/Mac. Open itunes and look through your apps there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, this isn't working. I connected to iTunes, but there's not an option to view backed up apps. My iPad has never been backed-up because I never had a need to do so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 06, 2017 Oct 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. Do you have the original ipa file? If so you can try double tapping it while connected to your PC/Mac and see if you can install it via itunes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2017 Oct 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have the original IPA. I tried connecting my iPad and installing it via iTunes, but no luck. The closest I got was it installing the icon, but not the actual app. If I have to renew my developer license to get it back on my iPad, I'll do so. It's just a lot of money to spend if I don't need to, for one app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hm, sounds like renewing your developer license is your best bet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines