• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

iOS: Error creating files. Could not access the digital certificate.

Explorer ,
Aug 06, 2016 Aug 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm trying to publish an app for ios, but I'm constantly getting the same error message in Flash CC. I know that my certificate and password are valid because I managed to publish the same app, but with a development certificate. Needless to say, I had exactly the same problem, but after restarting my PC and selecting "remember password for this sesion," it worked out. Unfortunately, I'm having the same problem today and I can't seem to solve it. I tried moving the certificates to the folder with my fla file, but to no avail.

Has anyone experienced the same problem before?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exceedingly frustrating!

Took a break, haven't published a new or update to any of my apps in about a year.  I was using Flash Professional, now using the latest AnimateCC 2017.

I am an Apple Developer.  I've created new certificates using the developer portal.  I've converted these to .p12.  I've created the appropriate provisioning profile.

When I publish I get "cannot access the digital certificate"

Pulling my hair out, and have been completely unsuccessful at finding any tips/help/explanation of changes to publishing...

Is anyone out there able to publish an iOS app from Adobe Animate?  What's the trick?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Following up on my previous comment.  I suppose that this is still frustrating because I have no explanation.

I opened another one of my apps, one that also hasn't been touched in over a year.

I already have a distribution certificate (from .cer to .p12) - all done with keychain access on my Mac Mini.

So all that I did was create a new provisioning profile for this app and downloaded it.

I left the provisioning profile in the Downloads folder - this is the ONLY thing that I did differently.  On previous tries I've been moving the .mobileprovision file to the app folder.

I published and the app is installed on my iPad.

I created a new provisioning profile for the other app (the one that I've been struggling to publish for 2 days!)

I downloaded the profile, left it in the Downloads folder and published.  It is now installed on my iPad.

Cannot explain this at all.  I've been publishing apps on iOS and Android devices since 2007 (Flash, Flash Professional, and now Animate).  I can't remember the last time I was so frustrated at trying to publish and I have no idea why this is suddenly working.  Hope this helps someone else but I can't imagine why it will.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What was the error message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2016 Dec 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm this problem and solution too.

For an unknown reason, publishing onto an iOS device returns "could not access the digital certificate" message, despite it existing in the specified folder (which for me, was also the app project folder). This has happened since updating Adobe Animate CC to latest version, so suspect this to be the cause at least in some part.

So I too re-exported the p12 certificate to the download folder, updated my fla project to the new certificate location and it published to my iOS device fine. So for some reason, I too am unable to validate certificates in my project folder, but can via download folder (no other folders tested so far).

I must also say that getting Adobe fla projects onto iOS devices has been problematic in so many different ways over the years. Thanks to these forums though, most problems seem to find a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am so happy you gentlemen were able to get Publish to work without the 'digital certificate' error.

Although I have tried all the suggestion given I am still stuck in the same place. A question: are you including the .p12 or .cer files in the fla  "General" tab or just pointing to them in "Deployment"?

Drowning in frustration,

Jay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines