Highlighted

ios external swf loading freeze

Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have an application with several external swf packaged with the ipa. The application used to freeze only in appstore mode, but not in adhoc or ipa-debug mode when trying to load one of the swfs, so I stopped using it and the other swfs worked correctly in appstore mode, and I submitted the application correctly.

I updated the application a little, but have not updated the external swfs. Now the application freezes in appstore and adhoc mode when trying to load any of the swfs. However the application works perfectly in ipa-debug mode.

This happens even when I package with the latest AIR 13.

I am packaging on windows.

Any help is greately appreciated.

Correct answer by egysnake | Community Beginner

OK, I fixed it.

The problem is that I forgot the debug flag on for the compilation of swf and packaged it for appstore ios, and this was the problem.

I suggest that adt issues an error when it encouters such debug swf and packaging for app-store.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

ios external swf loading freeze

Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have an application with several external swf packaged with the ipa. The application used to freeze only in appstore mode, but not in adhoc or ipa-debug mode when trying to load one of the swfs, so I stopped using it and the other swfs worked correctly in appstore mode, and I submitted the application correctly.

I updated the application a little, but have not updated the external swfs. Now the application freezes in appstore and adhoc mode when trying to load any of the swfs. However the application works perfectly in ipa-debug mode.

This happens even when I package with the latest AIR 13.

I am packaging on windows.

Any help is greately appreciated.

Correct answer by egysnake | Community Beginner

OK, I fixed it.

The problem is that I forgot the debug flag on for the compilation of swf and packaged it for appstore ios, and this was the problem.

I suggest that adt issues an error when it encouters such debug swf and packaging for app-store.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 15, 2014 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AIR was updated at some point to help with loading of external swfs. As part of that change you had to start using loader context, and currentdomain, for it to work.

Look at this article:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/as3/dev/WSd75bf4610ec9e22f43855da312214da1d8f-8000.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 16, 2014 0
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your prompt reply.

But I am already doing it this way, as I released the application using flex & AIR 4.0 beta.

I updated to AIR 13.0 and tried AIR 13.0 beta just released April 15th and when it did not work I switched back to the AIR 4.0 beta with no luck.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 16, 2014 0
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I fixed it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 17, 2014 0