• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

iOS - How to fix "app failed to install" error?

Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2014 Mar 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm new to iOS and built a small iPhone app with Adobe Air.

I tried to install it through iTunes Sync but always running this error message after syncing:

"com.test.name" failed to install

How can I get a detailed error message to figure out what went wrong?

My config:

Windows

iTunes 11.1.5.5

iPhone 3Gs

iOS 6.1

Adobe Air 3.4

Flash CS 6

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you double check to make sure you properly configured your certificate and provisioning profile

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I added my UDID and created the certificates afterwards.

Is there a way to get a detailed error message? I just can't figure it out otherwise 😕

What are the most common problems?

iOS apps build with Air 3.4  are supported on iPhone 3Gs, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To submit to the App Store you will need to use either the release version of AIR 4.0, or the beta of AIR 13. Both of those have numerous fixes beyond AIR 3.4.

How did you get your UDID? Most of the apps for retrieving the UDID now give an incorrect value.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I double checked everthing and it's still not working.

What APP ID do I need in to export inAIR, usually it's com.mytest.xy, but Apple added a random prefix "A6XNJC6Q2T" in the Dev Center for the certificates.

So should it take the APP ID com.mytest.xy or A6XNJC6Q2T.com.mytest.xy?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would usually be com.companyname.appname. com.mytest.xy is technically legal, but anyone out there might use mytest, you ought to use your company name.

You don’t need to type in the A6XNJC6Q2T part.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I tried all possible combinations and none is working! Still "com.mytest.xy failed to install".

Is there a way to get a detailed error message or a way to check if the generated P12 certificate is valid?

Any tips welcome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The app id that you set up in the iPhone portal has to be the one that the App Store provisioning profile is using, and it has to exactly match the app id in Flash (not counting the air prefix or those strange letter prefixes). It still seems unlikely to me that you would have created an app id in their system that didn’t include your company name.

So, check the app id you had set up in the portal, then make a new Ad Hoc Distribution provision profile that is based on that legal app id. Do an ad hoc build to test on your device. If that works go back and make an App Store provisioning profile, also based on the legal app id. Do one last build, as App Store, and using the App Store profile instead of the Ad Hoc one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you got the provisioning file installed on your device?  That seems to be common reason #1 for my clients

And Colin's right - if your UDID starts with FFF then it is not the correct one, so check that too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 13, 2014 Mar 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UDID is from iTunes (click on serial number)

The provision profile states VALID on my iPhone under >Generel >Profiles

Could it be valid even if there would be something wrong with it?

Does anybody have a working P12 and provision profile I could use to test my device/app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 14, 2014 Jun 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have made 2 apps.

I made them at the same time, I created provisioning profiles at the same time. One installs, the other fails.

The only difference I can think of is that the failing one has external code while the successful app has code only in the frames.

Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines