• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

iOS Icons

Engaged ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have successfully created an Assets.car file in XCode for my Adobe Air mobile project. I know I need to add it to the root of my application. But I need help with two things:

1) How do I change the descriptor file to identify and use the Assets.car file. Any documentation or instructions would be greatly appreciated.

2) I wrote my app using AIR 28. With the Assets.car file, I should be covered for icons in iOS 11. For older versions of iOS, do I still need to include the icon files in my app along with the descriptor file pointing to those various icon sizes the way icons used to be added to an AIR project, or is Assets.car backwards compatible With older versions of iOS???

Thanks for any insight.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Hi,

You don't need to add anything in the application descriptor to see icons on iOS 11 using Assets.car. Simply packaging it in the AIR app is required.

For older versions of iOS, you need to include the icon files in your app along with the icon tag in application descriptor pointing to various icon sizes.

Thanks,

Pravishti | Adobe AIR Engineering

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You don't need to add anything in the application descriptor to see icons on iOS 11 using Assets.car. Simply packaging it in the AIR app is required.

For older versions of iOS, you need to include the icon files in your app along with the icon tag in application descriptor pointing to various icon sizes.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's interesting.  I have read in various places, including adobe documentation, that you had to change the descriptor file to have something like the following:

<key>CFBundleIconName</key>

<string>App Icon</string>

Are you sure that nothing needs to be changed in the descriptor to accommodate Assets.car?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

For iOS, you don't need to add any tag in application descriptor to accommodate Assets.car. CFBundleIconName tag is required for icons on Apple TV.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pravishtis, do you know why the "assetsCar" tag was added to the Application Descriptor in the AIR 22 release, if it's not needed?

Flash Player and AIR 22 Release Notes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

assetsCar tag is required for using multitasking in AIR apps. If you're using Assets.car for icons only, then no need to add any extra tag in application descriptor.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, got it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pravishtis,

This has changed again it seems. Adobe had to fix a recent Apple bug in the Air sdk 29.0.0.122, but now Apple rejects apps, asking for an Assets.car

I need a proper tutorial for how to add the icons please.

** Another urgent bug that needs to be fixed is that Adhoc publishing to devices is broken in 29.0.0.122!

STEPS

1) This helpful tool creates an Assets.car file + all the icons

Generate ios、android app ICON and Assets.car online

2) I've included the Assets.car file to the Flash iOS settings in my Fla (I use Adobe Animate)

3) added this code to my XML (please correct this if it's wrong)

<iPhone>

<requestedDisplayResolution>high</requestedDisplayResolution>

<assetsCar>Assets.car</assetsCar>

<InfoAdditions><![CDATA[

<key>CFBundleIconName</key><string>AppIcon</string>

4) I've added the icons to my xml as normal. But how know how the Assets.car links to the app? Where to put the icons?

This is the latest Apple error that came back from doing these steps. Need the right file path for the icons.

Urgently waiting,

Thanks

Matt

Icon Error.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You need to add icons in <icons> tag in application descriptor as:

You don't need to add <assetsCar> tag and CFBundleIconName tag in app-xml. Assets.car should be packaged along with swf and app-xml as any resource.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that - naming the icons like that did allow my build to upload without errors (still waiting for Apple review though)

***** FINAL ICON STEPS *****

*** Using Air SDK 29.0.0.122***

1) Use this helpful tool to create an Assets.car file + all the icons

Generate ios、android app ICON and Assets.car online

2) copy the iOS icons into a folder called 'icons' and place in your folder root with the Assets.car file

3) Add the Assets.car file in the Flash iOS settings in my Fla (I use Adobe Animate)

4) The icons in your xml file MUST have this folder structure and path:

icons/icon_72

I have in recent years been getting away with these 'magic 8' icons only for iOS:

Icon Path.png

Thanks

Matt

p.s if the Apple Review fails I will post back here.

** Adobe please fix the Adhoc device failure soon because I'm testing blind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 08, 2018 Jul 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found that you can't just add the descriptors to the xml file manually because they will be overwritten when publishing. But adding them in the "Icons" tab in Air for iOS settings (selecting each correct size icon image file) will then add the descriptors into the xml upon publishing. Then it works. It's an important distinction because it took me long hours to work out this issue as it wasn't clear to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you use File/Publish, instead of Publish Settings/Publish, the XML should be left alone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wonderful, thanks Colin! I didn't know that. Have somehow managed to bumble my way through an App Store submission making many mistakes on the way!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right I've read through articles and articles and articles of this ITMS 90022/23 can not find Icon error " and it seems this issue is NOTORIOUS.  I've had this issue for weeks.

I need to know what I need to do clearly exactly the steps.

Firstly. When publishing the IPA file. I submit the file via AU ( application loader) and Apple returns back a vicious error listing of 

Icon 76x76

1024x"

167x"

120x

152x

Not found please ensure bundle in Assests.car or Plist directory.

Keep in mind I'm usin adob.animate and 33sdk

With adobe you cant tamper with the ipa file in any way ( e.g modifying plist or XML). As once uploaded again. Apple emails : signature invalid etc ITMS error 90035

This is a very persistent issue.

Now - can some one tell exactly what needs to be done to actually get the APPORPIATE assests.car file into the Ipa bundle pre-publishing. 

As in completely outline the steps. Of how to add and create the( working) xml file. And asset.car file. Into the bundle?

As in. How do I create. The xml file. And how do I create the icon folder that corresponds with that xml file. What do I even title the xml file. How do I generate the xml file to begin with as adobe creates this AUTOMATICALLY during the publish process. 

This is very appreciated.

Also I have noticed on this forum there is a culture of "snippet " advice.

If you can somehow please actually put 

Step 1

Making XML file

Step 2

Adding XML file with folder

Step 3

Adding assets.car file with icon folder with ____.xml

Step 4

Publishing file

To create IPA

As far as I'm aware. If the Adobe publishing creates these files automatically

How does it not override the file added in the directory?????

Can I also say this issue case is from 2018. And I'm still having to fight this bug in 2020. Ive seen articles from 2013 with this same issue. Thats insane.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can stop the override by openin the xml file in any application ( such as notepad) and leaving it open during publication and that will prevent the override.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where and how did you create the xml file to accompany this Assest.car file and icon folder?. I generated the assest car file and icon folder ( which contains all the icons) but how did you make the xml? I open the adobe ios publish box in publish settings/ publish. But it only creates a "blank xml temp file ready to be overidden. Please explain 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you say "flash for ios settings " do you mean "AIR (33) for Ios setting " box

And then include the assests.car file and icons folder in the "in included files" section whereit has the + and - buttons for adding files ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pravishti,

We need your help again urgently for a new Apple bug on Air 29. This is the thread we're using for new errors:

Re: Adobe Air SDK 29 is not accepted by Apple

info-plist.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines