Highlighted

iOS keyboard problem

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Our company have developed AIR mobile application for Android and iOS phones and tablets.

It's important to notice that our application use different orientations for different parts of application.

Android version work fine, but we face the problem on iOS version. Problem described in

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3943007 , also I have found very similar problem in

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=4032551 (moreover, I think it's same bug).

In short, our headache is keyboard, that don't properly rotated when stage changes orientation.

There is no problem in AIR 15, but all subsequent versions of AIR have that bug, even new released 19 version.

We can't use AIR 15, as it doesn't support 64-bit Apple App Store requirement.

Is there a way to fix this, soon? Is it possible to control iOS keyboards orientation?

Maybe it's possible with native extension (ANE)?

Thanks.   

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

iOS keyboard problem

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Our company have developed AIR mobile application for Android and iOS phones and tablets.

It's important to notice that our application use different orientations for different parts of application.

Android version work fine, but we face the problem on iOS version. Problem described in

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3943007 , also I have found very similar problem in

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=4032551 (moreover, I think it's same bug).

In short, our headache is keyboard, that don't properly rotated when stage changes orientation.

There is no problem in AIR 15, but all subsequent versions of AIR have that bug, even new released 19 version.

We can't use AIR 15, as it doesn't support 64-bit Apple App Store requirement.

Is there a way to fix this, soon? Is it possible to control iOS keyboards orientation?

Maybe it's possible with native extension (ANE)?

Thanks.   

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 20, 2015 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for reporting the issue,

Yes, we are aware of keyboard orientation problems in iOS and working no it.

Meanwhile, could you please check if these problems are solved by keeping <autoOrients> tag in application.xml to true.

Regards,

Adobe AIR Team

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 21, 2015 0
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, for your reply.

I have done this, but the problem with keyboard still exists. This is not my screenshot (Bug#3943007 - Orientation issue AIR SDK 17 BETA 115) but it illustrates my problem:

Keyboard of IPad.jpg

After i manually rotate device, keyboard turn to right orientation. But we think it's bug.

Also, i have seen another problem: when iPad in landspace orientation and keyboard in landspace orientation, but keyboards size and location looks like it in portrait mode! But, since I have followed your advice and turn the <autoOrients> tag to true, i have not seen this problem yet. But it's very hard to find bug, so i am not sure, that this problem have solved.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 26, 2015 0