• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

iOS Password Field Bug

Engaged ,
Jul 17, 2013 Jul 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am writing this to possibly bring to some attention to a bug that has exsited throughout the duration of my time as an AIR developer (since AIR 3.2).... When publishing on iOS, textfields that have "displayAsPassword" do not behave correctly.

When giving focus to a textfield that is "displayAsPassword", things behave as expected... as I type I can see the *** beginning to appear .. The problem is when you focus out of the textfield... your password disappears... giving the indication it is blank... Though if you click the textfield again you will see it is in fact still there.

The biggest problem I have with this bug is that when you prepopulate a password field with a value (using some kind of save password option), the field is still blank, forcing someone to first click it to verify its actually filled out...

Is there any indication this will ever be fixed? I've only ever seen this http://forums.adobe.com/thread/969616 ... which basically says to make sure your font is embeded which is no duh... and no help.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Nov 17, 2014 Nov 17, 2014

Alternative workaround: Switch font on the textfield in your .fla to use _serif or another font that is available by default. As it's only asteriks, it doesn't really matter what font you use.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 17, 2013 Jul 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I just tried it with the latest AIR 3.8 build available at http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/air.html on iPod(v6.1.3)and it's working fine. I used two textField, one for username and one for password. Could you please give it a try and share the results.

Regards,

Nimit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 18, 2013 Jul 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will be willing to try this if you can confirm prior to using AIR 3.8 it was NOT working for you. Also can you confirm you are not using a system font and a custom font?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not tried on any other AIR SDK as one should always try with latest sdk. Anyways, could you please share your AIR SDK version so that I will give it a try and post back soon.

Regards,

Nimit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the AIR 3.8 is still in beta and I'd bet many would argue one should NOT always release the latest beta sdk to the public.

As mentioned in my original post, this bug has been present in every single version of AIR since I started with 3.2

Also can you confirm you are not using a system font and verify you are using a custom font?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried with AIR SDK 3.3 but I am not able to reproduce the problem. Yes, I used "arial" font for both text fields(username and password). Could you please provide a sample application so that I can give a try to reproduce it again. Also, please share the device and OS version you are using.

Regards,

Nimit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 19, 2013 Jul 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your time and reply.

As I thought you are using a system font in both of your "I tried" examples (3.3 & 3.8),  if you simply switch it to a non-system font you will instantly see my issue.   This problem is occuring in a large application that is for internal use only within my company. I do not have a sample application to reproduce the results, but since you've been able to try it, can you try a step further and switch it to a non-system font?

This is not a device issue, it is an OS issue. It happens on every iOS device, iphone, ipod, ipad, ipadmini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 19, 2013 Jul 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Taking a step further, i switched my application to use a system font "arial" and it is still happening   I guess my only option is to create that sample application

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 01, 2013 Aug 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally figured this out!!! So it turns out, using the system font "arial" does work, but ONLY if you set the anti-alias to "Use device fonts".... whew!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 29, 2014 Sep 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue still occurs. iPad iOS 8.0, AIR 3.9

When you loose focus from the textfield and bullets/asterisks disappear, try not specifying any font on that filed and setting embedFont = false. This worked for me and bullets are still visible (iOS issue).

When you type into a textfield and bullets are not visible at all and u use an embedded font, try embedding these characters: U+2219, U+2022, U+2217, U+204E, U+002A. Some character from these solved invisible bullets during typing on Android for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2014 Nov 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that this is a bug in Adobe AIR 15 - if the fonts are embedded then the password dots do not appear when the password field loses focus.

Workaround - after the textfield loses focus  check to see if there is anything entered into it - if there is set embedFonts = false; 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 16, 2014 Nov 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reporting the issue.

We are able to reproduce it and currently investigating it

-Pravendra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Nov 17, 2014 Nov 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alternative workaround: Switch font on the textfield in your .fla to use _serif or another font that is available by default. As it's only asteriks, it doesn't really matter what font you use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2015 Sep 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This resolved my problem. I had this issue since the begin of the development on adobe air 3 and it still happens on air 16.0.

It's a shame that adobe overlook such gross bugs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2015 Oct 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had this exact problem with Air19, and for me the "Use device's font" option worked, with Roboto Light ! Thanks phonefusionryan !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines