• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ios rendermode gpu external swf (no abc vs library with abc) Why is no abc quality poor in comparison with library instances?

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2015 Sep 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are developing a game,  and due to the need to reload the swfs we are using all the assets on the stage of the swf (no abc). Our problem has came when we realize that when using the assets on the stage, the quality of the render is pixelated and pretty worst than when we load the mc from the library of a swf( with abc). Is there any solution to solve this issue?

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2015 Sep 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

http://www.pati.io/TestBadQuality.zip

I hope the example I'm posting helps you test the bug, I added a mobile project with just one asset, I'm getting the asset from the stage and the library and showing on the IOS device,  you can see a huge quality difference between the 2 of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Sep 22, 2015 Sep 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a chance that for some reason smoothing is off for your images in the no abc version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2015 Sep 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think I can do anything with smoothing since it's all vector. I am using GPU as rendermode,  what I would need is to refresh the information on the gpu coming from the vectors on stage, because the ones on the library are fine. It's really hard for me to understand what is the problem right now, but it's really a blocker for us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 28, 2015 Sep 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi enricQ2‌,

We are looking into this.

The TEstBadQuality.zip link cannot be accessed by us. Can you upload the sample in the dropbox and let us know the link?

Roshan

Adobe AIR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2015 Sep 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have uploaded the test to dropbox. Can you download it?

https://www.dropbox.com/l/s/vLddkCdGTSnJ1BCtctjoGu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you explain further what is the difference between using the assets on the stage and load the mc from the library of a swf( with abc)?

Can you clarify the difference? May be we can help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Let me try to explain it better.

The example project is pretty simple. I load a swf with one asset that has a library name (Class to export for actionscript) and an instance name on the stage.

What happens is that being exactly the same MovieClip, as you can see in the mobile project I uploaded ( the .fla file I load is added in the project so you can check the MovieClip).

When you add both of them in a mobile project on renderMode gpu, one looks perfect and the other pixelated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2015 Sep 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I added a bug so anyone that has the same problem can check it. Bug 4066503

Bug 4066503

Bug 4066503

Bug 4066503

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We have reproduced the issue and team is looking into this.

Roshan

AdobeAir

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great. Thanks a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2015 Oct 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, Is there any update in the bug? Do you think it can be fixed in a coming version?

Thanks,

Enric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines