Highlighted

iOS Simulator Broken Since Xcode 5.1

Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since Apple released thier newest version of Xcode (5.1) at the start of March the iOS simulator does not work from Flash Professional CC (I do not have Flash Builder).

Updates to AIR 4 didn't help because it woud throw an error about missing files.

Updates to AIR 13 didn't help because the option is disabled (opthion is greyed out in the menu).

How I installed AIR in Flash CC: Help > Manage Adobe AIR SDK > Choose AIR 13 Folder

Ive installed both AIR 13.0.0.83 (official release) and AIR 13.0.0.95 (SDK and Compiler Beta, not Flex) and restarted Flash. Am I missing a step or not correctly installing it?

Is this a known issue under investigation and is any progress being made?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

iOS Simulator Broken Since Xcode 5.1

Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since Apple released thier newest version of Xcode (5.1) at the start of March the iOS simulator does not work from Flash Professional CC (I do not have Flash Builder).

Updates to AIR 4 didn't help because it woud throw an error about missing files.

Updates to AIR 13 didn't help because the option is disabled (opthion is greyed out in the menu).

How I installed AIR in Flash CC: Help > Manage Adobe AIR SDK > Choose AIR 13 Folder

Ive installed both AIR 13.0.0.83 (official release) and AIR 13.0.0.95 (SDK and Compiler Beta, not Flex) and restarted Flash. Am I missing a step or not correctly installing it?

Is this a known issue under investigation and is any progress being made?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 30, 2014 0
Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Adobe aware of these issues? Who else is having problems with the iOS simulator with AIR13+ and Xcode 5.1?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 03, 2014 0
Advocate ,
May 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Air 13 don't have any issues with xcode 5.1 but it has in previous versions. I successful test this using command line compilation

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 03, 2014 0
Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using command line, could you provide what commands you are using that make it work?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 03, 2014 0
Participant ,
May 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anton are you using Flash Builder or Flash Pro? It seems that there are work-arounds for Flash Builder, but none for Flash Pro ...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 05, 2014 0