• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

iOS simulator broken with new updates

Contributor ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get an error when trying to build a simulator IPA for testing on OSx.

Here is the error:

ld: unexpected token: !tapi-tbd-v3 file '/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator.sdk/usr/lib/libc++.tbd' for architecture x86_64

Compilation failed while executing : ld64

I'm guessing this is related to updates to xcode, simulator, itunes etc...

Any direction greatly appreciated.

Thanks for looking,

-cybo

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 07, 2018 May 07, 2018

Hi,

Could you please try once with following workaround and let us know if things are working fine for you:

• Replace the Runtime LD located at the path <AIRSDK>/lib/aot/bin/ld64/ld64 with the one which comes with Xcode 9.3.
  • You can find it at location: <Xcode9.3InstallDir>/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/ld.

Also, do not forget to rename ld to ld64.

Thanks,

Pravishti | Adobe AIR Engineering

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same issue. I am able to package for release, but I cannot package for debug on either device or in simulator. Full error:

ld: unexpected token: !tapi-tbd-v3 file '/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS.sdk/usr/lib/libc++.tbd' for architecture arm64

ld: unexpected token: !tapi-tbd-v3 file '/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS.sdk/usr/lib/libc++.tbd' for architecture armv7

Compilation failed while executing : ld64

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any update from Adobe regarding this? It's completely impossible to compile iOS currently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps we can elevate it to the bug tracker? There must be lots of users experiencing this if it's not isolated to us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this issue. We're currently investigating it and we'll keep you posted.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Pravishti. Appreciate the hard work of you and your team.

-cybo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pravishti,

Any update on this issue?

-cybo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issu for lates air sdk 29.122 on windows

forum support stuff's support sense is terrible really why it took ages ?)

such great tool and aweful support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 07, 2018 May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pravishti,

Is there any update on this issue or a workaround?

The simulator is a really powerful tool for testing on various iOS devices.

-cybo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a workaround, Mohanaraj​ , can that be shared here?

Even with the work around there isn't an easy way to do iPhone X testing in the simulator, but I found a tolerable solution to that too. Here's the StackOverflow discussion I followed:

xcode - Is there a way to move my iOS Simulator app data from one simulator (iPhone 7) to another (i...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colin,

Fingers crossed that workaround can be shared.

What's the issue with iPhone X, before this error happened I'm pretty sure I was able to run it in the sim?

Thanks for the reply.

-cybo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can have Simulator open and running iPhone X, and still Animate launches a new iPhone 6 window. For now I use the trick to copy the IPA over to the iPhone X simulator folder, then I can test it. But, I haven't had success with a debug test yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see, thanks for clarifying. Hopefully the workaround can be shared too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Pravishti said in message 13 is the workaround I mentioned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Colin, appreciate it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colin - Sorry, I'm bit late here but please feel free to share the workaround where ever required. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, a similar problem now pops up with AIR 31 and the latest Xcode 10.0 (which brings support for iPhone XR / XS Max simulators) — and here, that workaround with ld64 doesn't work any more (at least in my tests).

Im now getting the following error during compilation:

simulator-error.png

That seems related — that's why I'm posting it in this thread. Does anybody have an idea what could be done to fix this?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 23, 2018 Sep 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am getting this same error....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 24, 2018 Sep 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pravishtis​ Mohanaraj​ Can you check this out? The work around in message 13 doesn't fix things anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar issue. Must be number 1 priority AIR 31 and -platformsdk switch of iOS12 Beta - unable to compile

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 03, 2018 Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to use the iOS iOS 12 simulators in Animate yet or not ? .. tried the work around - ld64 etc with AIR 32.0.0.83 but still no joy. Have you managed to figure a way ?.  When I copy the ld file from Xcode 10.1 its only 18k the adobe ld64 is 2.2mb .. not sure that is right ?.

Is a fix likely soon ? .. .I really rely on the sims , would be great to get this sorted well before xmas ..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2019 Apr 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Any updates to this?

I'm getting the same error when trying to package an application using the `adt` commandline tool.

I'm new to AIR. I would very much appreciate any kind of help on this issue..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you please try once with following workaround and let us know if things are working fine for you:

• Replace the Runtime LD located at the path <AIRSDK>/lib/aot/bin/ld64/ld64 with the one which comes with Xcode 9.3.
  • You can find it at location: <Xcode9.3InstallDir>/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/ld.

Also, do not forget to rename ld to ld64.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Pravishti, that worked like a charm!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are we any nearer getting a solution for this ?...   it's a vital feature were missing here .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines