• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ios8 update for Flash Pro?

Contributor ,
Sep 13, 2014 Sep 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, just wanted to know when you'll be pushing an update for Flash Pro that includes the new ios8 icon sizes - 87x87, 120x120 and 180x180.

I have an app that's featured in the app store right now and I'd really like to do a quality ios8 update. But Flash Pro overwrites my app.xml file with my new icon sizes.  Help?

Also, it would be awesome if the icon sizes that the packager looks for could be kept in a text file or something that it could pull in.  That way, I could update the sizes myself. And if that could happen in Flash Pro CS6, that would be boss! I still use the armature functionality there that has been deprecated.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2014 Sep 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To include certain icon sizes, I use to add the icons to the xml file and then set the attributes to read only for the file.  I then included these icons with Flash Pro CS6, and everything seemed to work (Apple would no longer give warnings about missing icons).

Does this technique no longer work with the other icon sizes??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There were two parts to that work around. Flash Pro CS6 would want to delete the icons, and the read only thing would stop that, But AIR compiler has to know about those sizes, and so far I don't think it knows about these new sizes. I hadn't even heard of them. I imagine Apple will not force you to use them for a while (I think you can still get away without having 120x120 for example).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Colin, when you say compiler, are you talking about the Air SDK?  For instance, I am using Air 15. Or are you talking about a compiler on the IDE side (Flash Pro)? Sorry, obviously this stuff confuses me a little.

The sizes I mentioned are the new 3x sizes.  So, just like we had @2x, now we have @3x.  Kind of a hassle, but whatever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the same compiler. Flash Pro uses the same thing you can do from the command line, but it also has a mind of its own, and will delete things even if the compiler knows about them. Hence the need to write protect the XML file.

I'll get warmed up for dealing with 3X! I wonder if that will apply to splash screens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add to what I said, if you go to CS6/CC/CC2014, Help/ Manage AIR SDKs, and add the AIR 15 compiler, that's what I'm referring to when I say compiler.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it!  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 15, 2014 Sep 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While we are on this topic do we know anything about new splash screen sizes? I recall when the iPhone 5 showed up if you did not have the Default-568h@2x.png the app was not iPhone 5 compatible or it was sized wrong with black on either side.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 15, 2014 Sep 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think something similar happens with iPhone 6+, but the resolution of the images is more complicated. It seems you build as if the screen was @3x, and then that gets scaled down to the something like 2.47x screen. Here's an article about it:

http://www.paintcodeapp.com/news/iphone-6-screens-demystified

I haven't yet figured out what the name of the file should be,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ha!  I had never heard of that!  Brilliant!  I'm so excited to be able to go back to cs6 (it runs like butter).

Thank you for that tip!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines