Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

iPad Pro 10 Inch support?

Engaged ,
Sep 12, 2017 Sep 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Does AIR support iPad Pro 10 Inch native resolution.

If it does, how should I name splash screen image?

Regards,

Caslav

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 12, 2017 Sep 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here's a list os image sizes:

Launch Screen - Icons and Images - iOS Human Interface Guidelines

I did some looking into it, though I can't find where I found my final information. As I remember it (and my apps seem to splash screen ok), the iPad takes over the Default-Landscape@2x.png name. The same image would be used on a regular iPad, but if you wanted the iPad Pro to have the bigger image, and a regular iPad to have a different image, you would use the Left and Right variations of the names. Those would take priority over the Default-Landscape@2x on.

More info here:

Default (Launch) Image – iOS Developers

These days, seeing as supporting every splash screen size could take perhaps 30MB of app space, I just have a flat color that is an average of what the actual title screen will look like. That way it takes hardly any app space, and it won't matter much if the iPad Pro picks up the wrong size image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines