Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ipad pro 12.9 ios simulator resolution

Contributor ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm seeing the resolution reported as 2048x1536 when testing in the iOS simulator, when it shold be 2732x2048.

I thought this was a launch image issue after research. I'm not sure if the launch image is working due to the lag of the simulator. Is there a way to peek into the ipa file to see the included launch images to ensure they are packaging correctly via xcode or another way?

I've included Default-Landscape-1024w-1366h@2x~ipad.png and Default-Portrait-1024w-1366h@2x~ipad.png, but it's still reporting the smaller rez.

I've tried both including an entire folder of launch images via the command: "adt -package ... project.swf icons defaultimgs\." Is this syntax correct for including the contents of an entire folder to the root package (folder\.)?

I've also tried simply listing the full two filenames at the end of the adt command but still the rez is reporting smaller.

Is the device operating at the smaller rez? Or is air just reporting this erroneously?

Thanks for reading,

-cybo

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Thanks for your reply el111.

I did have the launch images made but my syntax for ADT was incorrect.

The syntax to include a folder in the root is follows: "adt -package ... project.swf icons -C defaultimgs ."

This will properly include the contents of defaultimgs in the root of the package, which is necessary for iOS to find them. It's now properly reporting the right resolution.

Also for others searching that my end up here, to peek in an IPA, just rename it to ZIP and extract. I knew this but ha

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

see Launch Images on iOS with Adobe AIR

This says ipad pro 12.9 images should be named

Default-Portrait@2x.png

and

Default-Landscape@2x.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your reply el111.

I did have the launch images made but my syntax for ADT was incorrect.

The syntax to include a folder in the root is follows: "adt -package ... project.swf icons -C defaultimgs ."

This will properly include the contents of defaultimgs in the root of the package, which is necessary for iOS to find them. It's now properly reporting the right resolution.

Also for others searching that my end up here, to peek in an IPA, just rename it to ZIP and extract. I knew this but had forgotten.

Thanks again for your reply and link.

-cybo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines