• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

iPad very slow and crashes after using AIR app

May 12, 2014 May 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I am developing an Adobe AIR app for the iPad (I use iPad 4 with iOS 7). The app works fine. However, when I exit the app and use the iPad, the device is very slow and after a while it actually reboots by itself. I am 100% positive that the iPad's behaviour is related to the use of the AIR app. It causes in general some delay to the system and eventually the iPad reboots. I am afraid that would cause my app to be rejected by Apple.

Any ideas?

Cheers

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 12, 2014 May 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

People probably need a bit more info.

- What does your app do ?

- Does it slow down or continue to gobble memory when it runs (use scout or at least Stats class to see memory usage and FPS over time http://help.adobe.com/en_US/as3/mobile/WS4bebcd66a74275c3-315cd077124319488fd-7fff.html#WS948100b682...)

If you can measure the problem in terms of memory/FPS then you're only a few steps away from identifying the cause.

- Do you stop the app when user exits the app (UIApplicationExitsOnSuspend set in your app.xml) ?

If there is a major problem that causes the iPad to crash then it's crucial to identify and fix it before release. Even if it got through the review process you'd soon get plenty of negative feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines