Highlighted

iPhone 6 DPI Issue?

Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All,

I am running Flash Builder 4.7 with Apache Flex 4.13 with AIR 15 build 328. I have added the necessary launch screen images per iPhone 5,6, and 6+. After adding the launch images, Apple's Status Bar looks correctly scaled and now shows up white (it was black using the original AIR 15 SDK) but I am puzzled why my app appears to be improperly scaled on the iPhone 6 but looks correct on my 5S. I have included screenshots of the launch images I am using and what my app looks like on my iPhone 6. Any help/suggestions would be great!

Thanks in Advance,

Jonathan

(I included a screenshot of what the app current looks like in the app store to help show the current scaling issue I am having)

Capture.PNGIMG_0090.PNGIMG_0089.PNGIMG_0091.PNG

Hi there,

there are still known issues with dpi etc on the  iPhone 6 plus :-

things appears ok on some simulators but apparently real devices still have the issue..

things should be ok for the iPhone 6 though, and your default images look ok .

from release notes AIR 15.0.0.328 :-

[iPhone 6 Plus] Wrong screen size and dpi is returned through the runtime APIs.

[iPhone 6 Plus] iPad Launch image appears on iPhone 6 Plus in standard display mode, when both iPhone and iPad launch images are

packaged together

TOPICS
Air beta

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

iPhone 6 DPI Issue?

Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All,

I am running Flash Builder 4.7 with Apache Flex 4.13 with AIR 15 build 328. I have added the necessary launch screen images per iPhone 5,6, and 6+. After adding the launch images, Apple's Status Bar looks correctly scaled and now shows up white (it was black using the original AIR 15 SDK) but I am puzzled why my app appears to be improperly scaled on the iPhone 6 but looks correct on my 5S. I have included screenshots of the launch images I am using and what my app looks like on my iPhone 6. Any help/suggestions would be great!

Thanks in Advance,

Jonathan

(I included a screenshot of what the app current looks like in the app store to help show the current scaling issue I am having)

Capture.PNGIMG_0090.PNGIMG_0089.PNGIMG_0091.PNG

Hi there,

things appears ok on some simulators but apparently real devices still have the issue..

[iPhone 6 Plus] iPad Launch image appears on iPhone 6 Plus in standard display mode, when both iPhone and iPad launch images are

packaged together

TOPICS
Air beta

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 20, 2014 0
Participant ,
Oct 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

packaged together

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 20, 2014 0
Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Graham,

I created a basic Flex Mobile project and saw that the DPI was correct on my iPhone 6, then figured out that my project had a utility class called "RuntimeDPIProvider" I had used this a year ago to set up retina display iPads/iPhones. Removing this class did the trick.

//Sets up 320 DPI for iPads and iPhones for retina display

public class CustomRuntimeDPIProvider extends RuntimeDPIProvider

{

//More Code in here

}

While I can't test on an IPhone 6 plus device  to comment on the current AIR issues - Both iPhones seem to emulate fine in the iOS simulator.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 23, 2014 0