Highlighted

iphone 6+ publishing issue

Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm developing an app for iphone. the test version can publish to iphone 4/5, by the flash cs6 deployment. But every time I want to deploy it on new iphone 6+, it gave me "Error creating files.

Uninstallation Error: APIInternalError.

Device Error: please check if there is enough space on the device."

My iphone 6+ is 64GB version, which still has a lot of space.

AIR deployment always returns not enough space error for any error. Could it return some accurate error information?

There's an issue with CS6 that was mentioned in another thread. The recommended workaround was to publish with command line tools (lol). From how I understand the issue (I'm getting it as well), CS6 tries to uninstall older versions of the app before installing, the current, and since something changed in the recent iOS when an app doesn't exist on iOS and CS6 is trying to uninstall it, it fails with the above error.

The workaround is to install your .ipa using iTunes at first. Then you can resume publishing using CS6, because the app will exist, so uninstall will be successfull and install as well. This works unless Flash CS6 randomly errors out on something like it does and only uninstalls the app without installing. Then you have to use iTunes again etc. Its pretty annoying.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

iphone 6+ publishing issue

Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm developing an app for iphone. the test version can publish to iphone 4/5, by the flash cs6 deployment. But every time I want to deploy it on new iphone 6+, it gave me "Error creating files.

Uninstallation Error: APIInternalError.

Device Error: please check if there is enough space on the device."

My iphone 6+ is 64GB version, which still has a lot of space.

AIR deployment always returns not enough space error for any error. Could it return some accurate error information?

There's an issue with CS6 that was mentioned in another thread. The recommended workaround was to publish with command line tools (lol). From how I understand the issue (I'm getting it as well), CS6 tries to uninstall older versions of the app before installing, the current, and since something changed in the recent iOS when an app doesn't exist on iOS and CS6 is trying to uninstall it, it fails with the above error.

The workaround is to install your .ipa using iTunes at first. Then you can resume publishing using CS6, because the app will exist, so uninstall will be successfull and install as well. This works unless Flash CS6 randomly errors out on something like it does and only uninstalls the app without installing. Then you have to use iTunes again etc. Its pretty annoying.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 27, 2014 0
Contributor ,
Dec 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 03, 2014 1
Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you are correct. I installed it by command line successfully. Thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 03, 2014 0
Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any word from Adobe on this? I hate how they are ignoring issues like this!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 22, 2015 1
Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you use the command line for this? Can you please post your command for this?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 23, 2015 0
Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can get it from this forum.

Re: AIR Publish for iOS Error: Install application on the connected iOS device

"

Try installing the app using the ADT install command.

First, use the below command to find the device ID on which you wish to install the app (Note down the Handle #):

C:/> AIRSDK/bin/adt -devices -platform iOS

Then, use the below ADT install command to install app on your iOS device:

C:/> AIRSDK/bin/adt -installApp -platform ios -device <handle #> -package <test.ipa>

"

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 23, 2015 1
Explorer ,
Feb 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried but I got this error: The system cannot find the path specified

I'm using WIndows 8.1 and I copied the AIRSDK folder to C://

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 24, 2015 0
Explorer ,
Feb 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you create provision file from apple developer site? If you didn't include your device into the provision file, you can't export your ipa file to your device.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 24, 2015 0
blogtom LATEST
Explorer ,
Feb 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to install my app from Flash CS6 to my device with the provision file before. Should that work for the command line too then?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 25, 2015 0