• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

iPhone 6 simulator - ipa install error - Xcode 6

Participant ,
Sep 10, 2014 Sep 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been getting the error below when installing an ipa  on the Xcode 6 GM seed simulator, released yesterday.

I used -target ipa-test-interpreter-simulator on the command line to build  with AIR 15.0 release (iPhoneSimulator8.0.sdk).

It seems related to localized descriptions, tried removing descriptions from the descriptor.xml  to no avail.

Any ideas chaps ?

not getting errors with the build process just the install.....

2014-09-10 13:33:42.947 isb[383:507] -[__NSCFString localizedDescription]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x1002027b0

2014-09-10 13:33:42.948 isb[383:507] *** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInvalidArgumentException', reason: '-[__NSCFString localizedDescription]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x1002027b0'

*** First throw call stack:

(

0   CoreFoundation                      0x00007fff8532225c __exceptionPreprocess + 172

1   libobjc.A.dylib                     0x00007fff8e460e75 objc_exception_throw + 43

2   CoreFoundation                      0x00007fff8532512d -[NSObject(NSObject) doesNotRecognizeSelector:] + 205

3   CoreFoundation                      0x00007fff85280272 ___forwarding___ + 1010

4   CoreFoundation                      0x00007fff8527fdf8 _CF_forwarding_prep_0 + 120

5   isb                                 0x00000001000010a5 -[iPhoneSimulator LoadSimulatorFramework:] + 245

6   isb                                 0x0000000100002fe4 -[iPhoneSimulator runWithArgc:argv:] + 99

7   isb                                 0x000000010000332b main + 101

8   isb                                 0x0000000100000f60 start + 52

)

libc++abi.dylib: terminating with uncaught exception of type NSException

/var/folders/5g/hygcyqw956n3zd2nf916b8680000gn/T/cmd1342093461585519839.tmp: line 1:   383 Abort trap: 6           "/AIR15.0/lib/aot/bin/isb/isb" "-install" "-apppath" "/var/folders/5g/hygcyqw956n3zd2nf916b8680000gn/T/fecbcbca-a2bb-475e-9691-5e44908823d5/Payload/my.app" "-sdkpath" "/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator8.0.sdk"

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Xcode 6 only comes with the iOS 8 simulator. You can go into Preferences, Downloads, and get the iOS 7.0 and 7.1 simulators, but I don't see any option for iOS 6. If you want to do iOS 6 simulator testing keep Xcode 5.1.1 installed.

Still, there seems to be a problem with testing to the Xcode 6 simulators, even if you download the 7.1 version. It crashes Flash if there's a space in the filename (like, I had my Xcode 6 named as "Xcode 6GM"), and fails to install apps if there isn't a space in the name. Also, since installing Xcode 6 I can't test to the 7.1 simulator in Xcode 5.1.1.

I'll report that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colin,

Thanks for the quick response..

i just need to test apps on the simulator for the new iPhone 6 and  iPhone 6 plus on iOS 8 and make screen shots etc..

it seems that it's not possible to do this at the moment..

and like you, i now have no ability to test on older simulators either ...

oh fum !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could set the stage size to match the new devices, and do a test using the AIR Debug player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2014 Sep 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are also experiencing this issue. Any updates on a fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 14, 2014 Sep 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no updates as yet .

hope this gets sorted soon tho... its  very disappointing not being able to test for iPhone 6...and could be costly for us..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, Flash crashes with any simulator, also those fom Xcode 5, even without spaces in the path name.

I was able to install my apps manually in the iPhone 6+ simulator though. They ran as expected, a scaled-up version of the iPhone 5 resolution. Unfortunately it doesn't seem possible to use the native resolution of those devices, as Flash doesn't add the required launch images correctly (iOS 8 seems to handle this differently). So we'll have to wait for Adobe to properly support the new devices anyway...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How were you able to install the app manually in the simulator?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I'll describe what I did, but I don't know why exactly it works like this, nor can I guarantee it will work for you

1. Install a native app on the simulator of choice (e.g. iPhone 6+) with Xcode 6.

2. Build the an ipa file for the simulator with Flash (this crashes Flash for me, but it builds the ipa before crashing), and unzip it so you can access the .app file in it.

3. Locate the directory of the simulator you want to use. In ~/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Devices you will find several folders (with names that look like hexadecimal), each with a simulator. Check the device.plist file in each to find the simulator you want. The one for iPhone 6+ contains the string "com.apple.CoreSimulator.SimDeviceType.iPhone-6-Plus".

4. In that folder, go to data/Containers/Bundle/Application, where you should see another folder with a hexadecimal name, containing the .app file of the native app installed in step 1.

5. Next to that folder, create a new folder for your app. I named that folder after the app bundle ID. Copy your .app file from step 2 into that new folder.

6. In the folder of the native app (step 4), open the hidden file named .com.apple.mobile_container_manager.metadata.plist and change the string under MCMMetadataIdentifier into your app's bundle ID. I didn't change the other stuff in there as I don't know what it means. Save this changed file into the newly created folder next to your .app file.

7. Open the simulator (located at /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Applications) and in it the chosen device in the hardware menu. On the 2nd page you should hopefully see your app icon. If not, then it means that one of the many other things I tinkered with had an effect as well...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks jochends for the in-depth explanation! You made a couple of points that allowed me to find an easier way to do a manual install. I used the ios-sim tool at https://github.com/phonegap/ios-sim that can be installed via homebrew (thanks to this discussion).

Here is what I did for anyone else that wants to test on the iPhone 6.

1. Build the ipa file for the simulator with Flash (it crashes but the ipa will be intact)

2. Rename it to .zip and unzip the content to find the .app file

3. Use the ios-sim launch command with the command line option "--devicetypeid com.apple.CoreSimulator.SimDeviceType.iPhone-6".

Hopefully that helps! Unfortunately I was able to crash the simulator and kept getting a push notification request dialog, which I did not experience on an actual device running iOS 8. Lets hope it is just a problem with the simulator!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2014 Sep 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome, I will try that!

I'm also getting a notification request dialog (but for local notifications, not push). I thought this was something new in iOS 8, but I don't have a device running it so I can't check...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After doing more research, the push dialog request is due to a change in iOS 8. Now local notifications, including the app icon badges, request permission from the user just like a regular server-based push used to.

It appears that users who upgrade to iOS 8 will not see the permission dialog for apps already installed, but new apps will get dialog the first time you schedule a local notification or try to change the icon badge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was an issue in iOS 8 betas, where any AIR app would ask permission for local notifications, even if you were not using notifications at all. That seemed to get fixed in the GM build. Maybe the simulator version isn't based on the GM version? Either that or your app is actually using notifications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For us we are actually using local notifications, which is what was causing the permission dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2014 Sep 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me it worked using Flash Builder 4.7 with last AIR 15 beta 15.0.0.258 and Xcode 6.0.1. It works perfectly even debugging!

But if you use last Xcode 6.1 GM beta won't works. You should set the environment variable to use the device version that you want, just run this command in your terminal:

launchctl setenv AIR_IOS_SIMULATOR_DEVICE "iPhone 6 Plus"

I hope it helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Latest AIR 15 beta SDK got rid of this error and allowed me to test in the simulator. To test on iOS 8, I had to move all of my old SDKs out of /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs. If I had any older SDKs in there, Flash Builder would re-launch the simulator using them.

Additionally, I can't test using any device other than the iPhone 5, whose simulator doesn't fit on my screen. Flash Builder will always launch to that device regardless of what settings I choose in the Debug Config window. Switching devices in the simulator itself doesn't work since the app installs seem to be device specific and Flash Builder ignores what is currently open and launches to the iPhone 5, rebooting the simulator.

Any ideas on how to fix that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to change hardware in the simulator, but then don't relaunch the app from Flash Builder, just use the simulator and find your app icon (probably on the second page), and open the app from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are no icons whatsoever when I switch devices. It just goes back to the default iOS apps. My installed apps disappear. That part isn't an AIR issue since it happens with my native apps as well.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can there be no icons whatsoever, and also be back at the default apps? My guess is you mean that the only icons you see are the standard iOS 8 ones. But look at the bottom of the screen, are there not two white dots? What do you see if you swipe into the second screen of apps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, sorry. There are only the default iOS 8 apps, none of my own. Two pages, yes, but still none of my apps show up on any of the pages. They are simply not there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apocalyptic0n3 try to run this command in your terminal: launchctl setenv AIR_IOS_SIMULATOR_DEVICE "iPhone 6 Plus"

then close FlashBuilder and open again. For me no matters what I choose in FB debug option doesn't change the device in Simulator. All the time I want to change the device I have to that. You can change "iPhone 6 Plus" to match the name of device available in your simulator you want run.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. That worked. I must have run it with a typo earlier when I tried it. I'm able to choose what device to launch with now, though it does stink that you can't change these through Flash Builder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something still not quite right here , been using Air 15.0.0.274 and Xcode 6.0.1 .

The usual method of installing via ADT on the command line would be  :-

./AIR15.0/bin/adt -installApp -platform ios -platformsdk /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator8.0.sdk -device ios-simulator -package MyApp.ipa  

The above method appears to install without error, however nothing appears within any of the simulators..

The only way i've found to test, is to manual install the .app files and view that way..

Does anyone know of a newer syntax for installing with iPhoneSimulator8.0.sdk via  ADT command line ?

Also, when testing for iPhone 6 plus , I'm getting reduced resolution and blurry images, this sim should be displaying

at 1080 * 1920 (1242 * 2208) but only gives 828 * 1472 - exactly two thirds resolution even with Default-414w-736h@3x.png as the launch image.

Screen Shot 2014-09-19 at 18.10.49.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the problem that the iPhone 6 plus simulator is reported as 1472x828 (value of stage.fullScreenWidth x stage.fullScreenHeight).

But I think that on the actual device it may be reported correctly as 1920x1080. AIR runs on OpenGL, which should report the resolution of the framebuffer, not the virtual resolution of 2208x1242. See ios - iPhone 6 Plus resolution confusion: Xcode or Apple's website? for development - Stack Overflow

Whereas the simulator really is 2208x1242, which might be too big for AIR to handle?

I hope someone with the actual device will soon be able to confirm this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2014 Sep 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone tried testing on an actual Iphone 6 the following png files.

iPhone 4/4S: Default@2x.png  -  640x960

iPhone 5: Default-568h@2x.png  -  640x1136

iPhone 6: Default-375w-667h@2x.png  -  750x1334

iPhone 6 Plus: Default-414w-736h@3x.png  -  1242x2208

I have access to an iphone 6 in a few days from now and would like to to know the size of the Default.png files that need to be included in Flash Pro CS6.

Justin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines